Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / High tech Compound bow

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2013 02:50 Edited at: 4th Aug 2013 01:09
Current progress:

Yo, haven't posted here in a while and all that. Currently wanting to practice my hard surface modeling and texturing and that resulted in me working on this. It's some sort of science fiction variant of a compound hunting bow.

Been doing quite a bit of research into how actual compound bows work so am looking to replicate that as much as possible with this model. Currently working on the mid-section of the bow which should be fairly apparent, when that's done and I'm happy with everything else I'll retopologize, bake, and texture it as is standard.

Click that image for the full sized screenshots.

Oh yeah and don't question how that scope works too much, I imagined something dumb like the scope projecting its view onto the sight bit or whatever. Creative license and all that.

Opinions always welcome.

Hello, I am Seb.
Tutorial YT Channel
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks amazing. very detailed.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2013 23:54
Thanks!

Got some more work done, connected the body up, now more or less just some detailing work left until the HP is done.

Again click for full size.

Hello, I am Seb.
Tutorial YT Channel
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2013 14:55
Really nice looking bow!

I wish i could model to this degree.

I look forward to seeing the retopo and textured version.

Unfamillia

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2013 01:09
Haven't had much time this summer but just recently came back to this model to redo some stuff. I got some comments on maybe trying to make it look bulkier and have slightly more of a silhouette, so that's what I'm trying to do right now. Ended up changing quite a few things, this is where I am with it atm. I haven't changed the scope into anything yet just because I haven't gotten to it, it'll probably become something else (actually usable) in the near future.

Click for full size.

Hello, I am Seb.
Tutorial YT Channel
dragon assasin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:17
Nice man you have come a long way from what things were when i last saw you 5 or so years ago

If i did it once i can do it again (Do you see what i see Sept 09)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:32:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:32:34