Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK TEAM - Please read

Author
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 10:36 Edited at: 20th Jun 2013 10:37
so i was wondering
is it possible that you publish a small survey after each release? so will the community will guide you to what we current need .

how to make a small survey ..

you take the huge survey you did a while ago
and check by percentage what do we need now
and you make a small survey about that category

and for the next release we will fill it up so you'll know for example if you are working on Sound and Music right now ...
you'll see inside that category what we want
this way each release will be made from community most recent request... and i think its a good guide map and a win win situation for everyone.

what do you guys think? community and AppGameKit team work together on the most needed features\bug fixes.

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 10:53
we need the same survey but with priority+important ,
then wen can order the to do's by average.
a list with possibility to move a row up and down.

HD<>AGK EXE<>WAN<>Browser<>User
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 12:49
No man!!, the same survey is huge , think that the team will now need to read it all don't think of the avg

I think what we should do is take the already filled up survey
Devide it to parts and make small surveys on what we "need" right now
Or if the team say , next update we will work on sound
Then they will make a small survey about sound
We fill it up and they will get the most things needed right now and will build it up .

Using the same survey each time is a waste of time for us and for the team

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 12:51
And also send the survey to everyone who bought Agk cause he might not be in constant touch with the forum or Facebook page I know some guys who uses Agk and never we're on the forums at all ...

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 13:56
I like the idea of small polls. And not just we are doing this, what is most important. But also asking what to do next. Like we are considering these areas of improvement. Which ones are important to you. And I agree, a way to sort the options. That is much more accurate. If users can rate everything separately then you get multiple answers with the same rating.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 14:14
I think that trying to do things by committee is a disaster. It's impossible to please everybody. I'd rather they got on with the job, and added stuff when it is actually ready.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 16:15
but jim.. lets say they have theyr own plan oh how to do what
so they have sound,3d,physics for say...

today they announce that on the next update they will work on 3d and physics , this dosent concirne any bugs or fixes they add..

and they give you a small poll

3D
--

better mesh support ..
better shaders...
better physics...
better textures...

etc... i guess they know better then me on what to ask and how..

so you see..
if you know that they are gonna do 1 2 and 3
you can say 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 is more important to me then 1.4 1.5 1.6
and same with 2 and 3

you and i declare , this is what we need right now
they take the avg of all the answers and say ok

1.2 , 1.4 and 1.7 got the highest
2.1 , 2.3, and 2.8 got the highest
3.1 , 3.2 , 3.3 , 3.4 and 3.9 got the highest

so now they know that the chosen numbers(subsections inside a catagory) needs to be dealt right away for the next update. and the one after it they may complete all 1 2 and 3 or they may take a break from it , and do a poll about 4 5 and 6
and so on..

at the end it will adjust to exactly what AppGameKit needs rather then the Community like you are saying "its impossible to please everybody"
this idea is not trying to please everybody but to address the most frequent features needed to complete the current projects we are working on . once the projects are done and commited to stores also AppGameKit followers will increase .. so its a win win situation to everyone if you really think about the long chain of reaction each update may give you if they and most of the ppl here decides to add a feature that you do need. and if not wait for the next update.

i just cant see how this goes wrong.. its brilliant.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 16:46
I think it's better to ask the users what we need instead of guessing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:27:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:27:07