Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Scan QRcode in realtime

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 12:26
I need to read qr code by aiming camera at code, then program scans it automatically and return back to application. By not taking regular picture from camera and save on disk like any other picture, it need to be automatically.
Is it possible in agk?

AGK
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 22:00
not that i know in tier1 basic.

here is a example from me using qr.
http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Image/DecodeQRCode.htm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 09:28
Thanks for answer. So it could be possible in tier2?
I have an app (made in tier1) that reads qr but i was wondering if i could speed up the process of scanning code and make it more user friendly. Also scanned qrs are saved on sd card (which is not what i want to).

AGK
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 17:12
Anything done in Tier 1 is doable in Tier 2.

But anything that requires user inputs or waiting for external processes (like cameras) needs to be handled a little differently.

Anything that requires user input (touch, mouse, mouse movement, accelerometer, text input) or external processes (http stuff, camera, network things) only gets updated once each app::Loop() execution.

Unlike in Tier 1, where you can update any of that stuff by simply calling Sync(). In Tier 2, calling agk::Sync(); will always update the display and physics, but won't update the other stuff.

As soon as I can find the time, I will create a Tier 2 example showing how to handle all that in a state engine frame work.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 18:27
qr code is useless for me because the 2 cams in my tablet have
a fixed focus...
direct camera access (without dialog) is a problem with sphere of privacy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 22:37:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 22:37:42