Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't set up. [Help please]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have downloaded DarkGDK, installed VS 2008 express, followed some tutorial on youtube on how to add sprites, move them etc. But all of that I can only do in MS Visual C++... I really hate that IDE and want to program using CodeBlocks, but can't get it to work . Can someone please make a noob tutorial for me on how to set it up?
P.S. When I select Visual C++ 2005/2008 compiler in CodeBlocks, it doesn't build the project file, it just keeps on asking to build it or no, I press yes and the window pops up again, nothing happens.
Also in the toolchain in CodeBlocks I noticed that there is no debugging file in the folder as the .exe name states it. Please help.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkGDK is compiled to work with Visual C++, you can't really use codeblocks unless you recompile the source code and then it still doesn't really work.

You could make code blocks use the MSC++ compiler, look it up.
JaMa
Years of Service
User Offline
I just want to make CodeBlocks to write the program, the problem is, I can't set it up to compile using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express compiler and debugger.
I searched google and found that there are people that use CodeBlocks to write the program and compile it the same way VS compiles it.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2013 19:07 Edited at: 24th Jun 2013 19:07
JaMa
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's the problem I got to now:

When I try to build my program(it's just for testing, all it does is include a sprite and show it) it opens up new tab like in the picture above named "DarkSDKCamera.h" and shows me an error that d3dx9.h is missing, I searched gooogle and found that a lot of people have the problem, also found the file in DirectXSDK directory, even tried to include it directly into program but no luck, any ideas?
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 02:33
You need to link the DirectX 9.0c SDK libraries to your project.
Like Mr. Bigglesworth said it probably won't work well with Codeblocks on account of being built for Visual Studio however.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
JaMa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 09:12 Edited at: 25th Jun 2013 09:39
Is there any other IDE similar to CodeBlocks? Especially the fact that it shows the location of errors, auto } when you put {, shows the dropdown of function when I start to type one and so no? Because from my point of view, for a beginner, MsVsC++ is pretty bad. (sorry if some think that I'm wrong)

P.S. I have all the libraries included in the project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:02:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:02:44