Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [MUST FIX] Push Notifications API (Rejection on next delivery)

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 22:02 Edited at: 25th Jun 2013 22:04
Quote: "
Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Street Karate Fighter 2 Online". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

If you would like to update your binary for this app, you can reject this binary from the Binary Details page in iTunes Connect. Note that rejecting your binary will remove your app from the review queue and the review process will start over from the beginning when you resubmit your binary.

Regards,

The App Store team
"

This is the mail from Apple,
now i see this in the code....

This will invalidate the code on next delivery.
Do you know that???

Or what cause this email, if i don't use the Push Notifications???

Long life to Steve!
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 22:08
first of all ... a tip from a casual iphone gamer... do not use push notifications at all as they are pretty annoying :/

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 00:08
In fact i hate them.
But i think is in the AppGameKit Lib.
Please TGC give it a look!!!

Long life to Steve!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 06:34
Push notifications can be a useful tool for turn based games. Unfortunately Zynga has abused the crap out of them.

Can't you just sign up for push notification even though your not using it? I got this warning with dFenz too, but no problems.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 12:50
Yes, but they say that in the next delivery we need to not use the API.
So we need to discover where the Push Notification API is used in AGK.
I hope someone of TGC read this.

Long life to Steve!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 16:00
Hi,

I'll ask Paul to take a look at this.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 17:00
I haven't heard anything about Apple rejecting apps for this, the line
Quote: "If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required"
seems to confirm this. We are considering doing a lite version of the 108 libs that will remove a lot of third party dependencies, namely Facebook, Twitter, and Push Notifications.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 17:22
Quote: "We are considering doing a lite version of the 108 libs that will remove a lot of third party dependencies, namely Facebook, Twitter, and Push Notifications."

I think a LOT of people have been asking/waiting/hoping for this to happen.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 17:48
There is some debate about whether we should include AdMob and IAP in the lite versions, since they are a source of revenue for some, or whether it really should be all or nothing.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 17:56 Edited at: 26th Jun 2013 17:57
Oh my god !!!!! (I hope for NO extra AdMob and Twitter and facebook and iAd.)
Thx Paul, this is a great news!!!!

The reason i think you need to do a version without those functions is also because we are all friends on the forum, and if someone need the code for iAD or other we can come here and ask for it.
For example i can post all the functions needed to use those things on iOS with very few line of codes, with no helper.m file needed.

To avoid this problem i think you must do the LITE version.

Anyway, i looked at my provisioning, and NONE of my provisioning have the Push Notifications enabled...
Can be another strange reviewer????

Long life to Steve!
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 18:07
Maybe they can make a lib creator, where you just tick off what functions you need, and it creates a custom lib for your game.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 18:21
Quote: "Anyway, i looked at my provisioning, and NONE of my provisioning have the Push Notifications enabled...
Can be another strange reviewer????"

I think they're just being more strict on this.

Alternatively you could just sign up for an iOS certificate with push notifications. I think that would be easier than trying to remove the API.

Quote: "Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:"

You may WISH to correct. This is weak language and suggests that it is not required.

Quote: "We are considering doing a lite version of the 108 libs that will remove a lot of third party dependencies, namely Facebook, Twitter, and Push Notifications."

Cool idea, but it'd be much more useful if these were modules that could be added or removed on whim of the developer.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 18:32
Yes this is why i always told to do some different LIB.
None will see the difference, just only add the LIB you need.
That's all.

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:45:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:45:52