Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Access to beta version.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am a backer of the Kickstarter and pledged £25. I have been using the trial version ever since I discovered AppGameKit and decided to try it out (liking it and see a good future for it). However, on the Kickstarter it says, "App Game Kit Version 2 when it's completed (and access to Beta versions)", yet I cannot find a download link to any form of beta but keep seeing threads about downloading the betas. Am I being stupid? Can someone enlighten me please?
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 05:46
no no no you are not stupid

we (AGK USERS) posses AppGameKit v1 and inside v1 we have all kind of version

so everytime the team updates a version they call it a beta since it is really a beta

so the main v1 is v1.076 (i think)
and these days the team released v1.813 or v1.0813 which is the beta.

i might be wrong with the numbers but thats the deal.
v2 will start its beta in sometime from now , you can see in the kick starter page when the dates are written there.

how do you like the trail so far?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 16:20
The current beta is v10815.

And, as haliop says, once you have a paid version (version 1076), you will have access to the most current beta (10815) from your 'My Products' AppGameKit account page.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
NoUJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
@haliop

Oh right, it all makes sense now. I'm enjoying AppGameKit at this point in time, can't wait until all the new features are in. Im fairly new to coding. Ill give you a bit of background. I learnt php a few years back now. Picked it up pretty quick. I know its not that much of an intensive language but I found it a good start and helped me understand the basics of structure, way of thinking etc. At the moment, I am learning tier 1 for the friendlyness and so I can get some experience in making a game and will give me a chance to experiment. Then I'll move over to the c++ side of things later one.

I'll probably be posting a lot on here from now on, asking a lot of questions. I have the hands on book so should cover most things. I'm going to write all my questions down and ask them all in one big go.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 23:38
Might be better to just ask one question at a time, it helps to find solutions if you clearly state your problem in the post and name the thread something useful like "problem making sprite move" rather than "heeelp!"

Welcome to the forum!

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 14:47
good to hear , you can check my post on the WIP section
ive released an Open Sourced 2D platform game code...

check it out it might come handy.

NoUJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
@baxslash
Yeah, makes sense to do that actually. Might group a couple of questions together if they're very similar or something.

@halipop
Yeah I'll give it a look at some point. I find it's good to look at others code. Not to just copy it, but learn their way of thinking and structure etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 17:42:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 17:42:40