Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / create animated sprite distortion???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2003 23:14
Well I decided to try something new and make a program in 2d. So I decided to make a tiling engine and hopefully make a small RPG out of it, but then i came across a problem. I had a 320 by 240 bitmap with tons of tiles on it (16 across and 12 down). Whenever i used the "create animated sprite" to seperate the many tiles into their own individual frames and set them to the screen, the pixles were distorted. Can anyone help me fix this?
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 02:05
no fix, it a bug and is listed on the bug board. maybe the next patch will fix it.
CTP

Lifes short, try to enjoy it and not take it to seriously!
Medicine Soup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 04:02
I was having the same problem. Do you mean the aspect was squashed or skewed? If so I got around it by flipping and mirroring the entire sprite twice. (1 flip = flipped, 2 flips = normal) once it is flipped back to normal the aspect was how it should be.
Indigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 04:19
well, it wasn't squashed or skewed, but some vertical rows of pixles were fatter than others. If that makes sense. But ill try that anyways to see if it will work

Shoot for the moon. Even if you don't make it, you'll land among the stars.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 05:18:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 05:18:32