Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Get Image Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 22:39 Edited at: 10th Jul 2013 22:45
Can the getimage command only capture what is being displayed in the screen at the time? I'm trying to capture an image larger than the virtual resolution, but it gets cut off. Is there any way around this?

Edit: I tried setting the virtual resolution really high, capturing the image, then setting it back to normal but the image produced is really quite blurry. I'd like to know if there is a better way to go about this.

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 23:22 Edited at: 10th Jul 2013 23:23
rendering sprites outside the screen make no sense and need much memory.

maybe u can use setviewoffset+render and take more images.

and try SetResolutionMode 1
mode=1 which will use a full resolution frame buffer that will look better,
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 23:41 Edited at: 10th Jul 2013 23:41
Hmm at this point I'm thinking that the only way to capture a large full resolution image like I want is to capture several smaller images using get image then stitch them together with memblocks. Would this be possible?

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 03:41 Edited at: 11th Jul 2013 03:43
Sure would be! Glad I'm not doing it though. Pasting images together in a memblock would give me a headache!
Also this will be costly since get image is slow and I'm pretty sure memblock images are big, like bitmaps.

Just out of curiosity, what are you attempting?

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Edit: I tried setting the virtual resolution really high, capturing the image, then setting it back to normal but the image produced is really quite blurry. I'd like to know if there is a better way to go about this."

Perhaps the image is blurry because of AGK's smoothing? Try using the SetImageMinFilter and SetImageMagFilter commands.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 04:15 Edited at: 12th Jul 2013 04:18
@DVader I tried those commands and no the image is just very low resolution, all that happened with the setimage commands was a crisper low resolution image haha.

@Naphier I'm creating a scroll-able list by taking media from the media folder and then putting it into a list setup with sprites, then creating a single image by capturing that. I then have that image in a frame in the gui where you can then scroll through it. The scrolling is done using the setspriteuv command.

pic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 14:10 Edited at: 13th Jul 2013 01:52
You could put the scrollable list onto the world plane and use set viewoffset () to do the scrolling - that way you could use the original sprites and not have to move them.

IF your app already uses world for other stuff - game levels etc. - then you position the list away from your game data and use the setScissor() command to have the menu box use a different part of the world map.
eg.

IF you want to zoom either, it will need a bit more code but not much.

edit: typo in sample code
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha that seems to be a lot less convoluted than what I was attempting. I've just come over from dbpro and don't really know what the language is capable of so thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 20:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 20:41:36