Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2013 15:55 Edited at: 16th Jul 2013 18:47
Virtual Me is a real-time virtual pet of yourself. You begin by taking a photo of your face, or choose from your phones gallery folder, then give it a name and POOF! you have created your own virtual self which you must then keep alive by feeding, bathing, playing with and looking after.

The game is actual realtime but it does not connect to the internet, you can completely close the app and the stats and time will continue on as if it was still running, I did this by using the unix time commands, it constantly saves all stats to your phone when you are playing it, then when the app is re-opened after being closed, it checks the unix time again and determines the length of time that has passed since you were last playing it. Then adjusts stats and timer accordingly.

It's basically a modern day tamagotchi, quite fun to play! give it a try and let me know of any bugs!

Here is the link! It is the free version for Android 2.3.3 or above. (limited to 2 days play) CLICK HERE TO INSTALL!

Scan QR Code.

audiosparx.com/liambradburymusic - professional music for your games.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2013 16:33 Edited at: 15th Jul 2013 16:34
Liam, I gave this a try and I think you may have an issue with the image size. I choose to use an image from my gallery, done all of the scaling etc to get it positioned right. Then when it started, the image looks way too big (the arms don't match up to the image). I am using a Galaxy S4...

Here's an image of what I'm seeing...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2013 16:59
wow! thanks a lot funnell7!, thats a pretty big error! I'll get to it.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2013 17:36
No probs Liam... One thing I love about Google Play is that it only takes a couple hours for your app to be live. If your quick no one may ever know
LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2013 20:52
I was using setspritescale instead of setspritesize, should be sorted now, just re-published it, should be live in a few hours. Thanks!

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 15th Jul 2013 22:28
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nice one!

LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2013 00:33
I take it you like it haliop! haha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:26:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:26:21