Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making Multiple windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In Darkbasic Pro, how would you make it where the program can make multiple windows (like 3 different ones)? And how can you make it where it opens 1 window, then full screen, then back to a normal window?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2013 19:08
DBP does not support multiple windows natively. It's possible through plugins, but I don't think anyone has ever written one before. Tell us why you want multiple windows, and maybe there's a more elegant solution?

You can switch a window between fullscreen and windowed mode by using the following commands.

TheComet

Help Me Please168
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, I just wanted to know because a game I have played makes there be multiple windows (to configure the game). Also, "set window off" never works for me, all it does is is make the screen black and shows my mouse (and it doesn't show what I wanted it to show (which is the text)).
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
multiply windows?

try this one;

i made this some time ago as a thread on Code Snippets.

Stream SnifferTools/Plugins/Models/Games and more!
Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 04:55
You might be thinking of an in-game GUI window which you configure the settings with. It's not a Windows window, it's a virtual window running within the game. You can make these with the drawing commands.

"Set window off" makes the program enter fullscreen mode. I would not recommend this as it gets "exclusivity" or something and crashes when alt-tabbed. Instead what you do is maximize the game window and remove the title bar, and the start menu bar goes away on it's own.
Help Me Please168
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, thanks for the info

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:56:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:56:06