Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2013 23:38 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2013 13:06
With the use of tiled and my sprite engine I am making a new wip. I just made the title page.
It will have physics.
it will have things to knock over.
trap boxes that can be activated.
the bridges move as u walk on them.
fuses that light bombs that blow up
I guess I have to wait tell it gets published the last link was wrong

Weather the Game

----------------------------------------------------------

The screen changes as the weather at your current location changes. I get the current weather from the location the user chooses in the United States areas.
It rains in the game as it is raining outside.
It snows in the game as it is snowing.
The time will determine if it is sun rise or sunset it make the game darker if it is night. but not black because that would be hard to see.
I have not put wind in it yet but it will change the game a little.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threedstud.weatherthestorm&hl=enhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threedstud.weatherthestorm&hl=en

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2013 00:28 Edited at: 20th Jul 2013 00:29
This is the first level

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2013 00:42 Edited at: 21st Jul 2013 00:45
stage 2// in this stage there is lifts things that blow up and stuff. If you want to help develop this game you don't need to program just know tiled and develop the stages with me. I add you too the game if i like your tiled level.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 05:57 Edited at: 24th Jul 2013 05:59
This is a youtube video of my editor loading a whole level of tiled which I can export later. As you see in my youtube video I have improved the importer of my engine that I will distribute as soon as I create a game.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2013 23:28 Edited at: 27th Jul 2013 03:00
zoomed out version of level 9 - call it falling down

this following code loads a whole level in my sprite engine it even separates the layers.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2013 03:05 Edited at: 27th Jul 2013 03:06
here is a the export it looks like i need to edit the sprites a little.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 04:17
this is a image of the first level running

This level is called the Stump

Attachments

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 11:56
Are you running it in a virtual machine (the taskbar is usualy not in the middle of the screen :X (I almost put a semicolon in the end of that sentence, im getting used to C++ I guess )

Also the borders of the tiles looks realy bad. You realy need to make it seamless. The artstyle looks pretty cool though

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 16:55 Edited at: 6th Aug 2013 17:26
I actually would have to make my sprite sheet again to try to make it seamless. I been redoing my sprite sheet over and over again tell it is seemless but it seems like it never is. I spend alot of time just on the spritesheet. I think that I need to space out my sprites more in the spritesheet. It is better then it was before though.

agk::SetSpriteUVBorder(clone,1); actually helped

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 03:08 Edited at: 8th Aug 2013 03:11
this is how I am defineing enemy movement I am using tiled then exporting the a list that tells what frame the enemy is currently at. This way I can use a sprite sheet and use animation export in the game. The way this works is that tiled returns a vector. I use the vector to define the current frame the enemy is at.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 03:57 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2013 04:00
I changed this game name to weather the storm. Because I get the current weather from outside and then if it is raining it rains in the game. if its snowing it snows in the game. I get the weather. The time will see if I should make the level darker or lighter. If its too cold then ice sprites appear.

I currently got it to rain, snow and have cloud cover from the current weather station in the game.

I also can look at the 7 day weather at any the current location.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 04:39
3d point.

Forgive if this is preaching to the converted, but to make a seamless tile load it in phtoshop (or any other layered editor) and create a canvas double the tile width. Paste two copies side by side, on seperate layers. Grab a small sliver down the extreme left hand side of the left most tile, paste that to a third layer, then drag it to the right hand side of the left most tile. Flip it, and use smoothing to blend it. Repeat for the top/bottom.

This should help you get nice seamless textures much more easily. Failing that, Google "texture makers" and there is a free editor does it automatically, with so so results. If I remember the name I'll post it.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 05:52 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2013 06:01
yea I need to work on my graphics more. This is a good game idea. Getting the weather from a current weather station is pretty cool if I can just get my tile sheet to actually get seamless. If I can get this to be seamless than it will be a very cool game. I going to work on my graphics more. hopefully I can get a seamless game.

I found this tutorial for photo shop. I think I will try it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2xR3WQDSZc

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 14:51 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2013 14:57
Keep up the work.

The graphics are the fly in your ointment. The editor and your creation are above par, but that is being dominated by the messy looking seems.

Forgive me if you are just using placeholders, but there are some useful sites out there with free assets you could make use of:

Free Pixel Items

2D (RPG) Side Scroller Resources

Some more via search I am certain.

There might be some guys in the art forum section of the forum who might have some advice.

Even the old 8 bit Mario games were seamless, it is all about patterns. Taking one step further, seamless does not mean repetitious..

Check out this Bert Monroy video on a snake skin texture, might be of some help in creating textures. You should watch most of his videos in general; I do anyway.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 19:38 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2013 19:45
Well, actually my editor does animation as well, but I got only the placeholder export to work correctly. I got animation on my editor to work but, there are other programs out on the market that do a better job. Like spline does a really good job on that. I think I will complete my editor some day. I am so busy though teaching grad school and creating a game. Leaves me 6 hours of sleep.
The power of my editor is that it works really well with agk. Load levels in no time. I have about 1/4 second to load a level. And it load 3d as well super fast. That is because I use agk format export for the export format. I would like someone to help me I will provide my editor for making a good tiled level, and sprite sheet. I have made my sprite sheet better today though.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 21:32
Lol. Throw my daughter in the mix and I only get 5.

I do love coding though....
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 01:57 Edited at: 27th Oct 2013 19:00
It did not publish because I used a name that has already been taken.

The first three levels of the game. I published this game with the last AppGameKit version 19. Well I think there is music by this name too might have to change my game name, because it will not deploy with a similar application name. I guess I call it

Weather the Game

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:30:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:30:38