Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / BEGINNER can't get dbpro to do anything

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2013 07:31
So I use the example programs and they do not even work.
What am I doing wrong?
This is the 3rd time I've asked this question and never seem to get an answer. There is no tool I can find to show posts I've made here.
I hardly ever get the time to use this program I bought 2 years ago!!!
I just want to start using it and I can't do anything!!!
This time I'm marking email replies "yes".

In the world of gaming, no m.o.p. has ever been created to have both adventure, creation, and battle. I plan on making this a reality. Look for "Span" my new game coming soon for pc
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2013 12:49 Edited at: 20th Jul 2013 12:50
Mikefromspace, I'm moving this to the Newcomers to DBPro board. Please post what you are doing and in which order, it might help us to work out where you are going wrong. Once you get started you'll soon get the hang of it I'm sure

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2013 13:18
Hi mikefromspace,

"it doesn't work" doesn't give us a lot of information. We can't help you unless you tell us more about what's going on.

Does the window where you type code in start up?
What happens when you try to compile the code?
Do you get any error messages? Post them if you do.

TheComet

Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2013 13:34
for starters run this code

if it compiles then the editor and compiler are working.(I once had a problem with nothing compiling and fixed it with reinstall.)

run this test and then we can go from there.

I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 20th Jul 2013 14:29
My guess is lack of DX 9.0c

Can someone post the Check for dx version code snippet I am on my phone right now...

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2013 13:06
Is he even going to reply to this?

On a related note:
Quote: "In the world of gaming, no m.o.p. has ever been created to have both adventure, creation, and battle."

StarCraft? X3 Reunion? MineCraft?

TheComet

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 22:55
I wouldn't say starcraft is an adventure game

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 21:06
You need to help yourself first. You haven't posted any of the code you are working on, or error messages or screenshots. People will help, but if anyone tells you they are a mindreader they are lying

It doesn't help that you have never replied to any of the responses to your own posts.

gameangel147
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure, but he might be waiting for an email reply rather than checking back here on the forums.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2013 21:49
He has no e-mail attached to his profile, or I would have sent him one.

Quote: "I wouldn't say starcraft is an adventure game"

The campaign was pretty adventurous IMO. You're right though, true discovery was limited to a few hidden things on maps.

TheComet

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 14th Aug 2013 16:50
Quote: "Each time there is a problem with a command line. It doesn\'t recognize it\'s own programming language, and definitions of uses for something like \"mousey\" are not shown yet it exists in all the example files ..."

This was in his other recent thread, I believe mousey should be mouse y....... I think he is either looking at AppGameKit code or custom function code and not seeing what is what ^^

Either way he needs to have some patience and learn to first use the forum, then learn to reply, then learn to explain what his issue is, then learn to use DBPro, then learn to umm use email, and possibly add the forum email to his SAFE list for his email guess he has never heard of a JUNK mail folder yet... I feel sorry for anybody trying to send him an email outside of the forum lol, but then again maybe he missed the check box which should be on by default anyway when he posts his threads

Oh well...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:36:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:36:08