Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / G-Rod Real Time Texturing System , part of the G - Rod Unlimited Engine.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 10:59 Edited at: 4th Aug 2013 10:07
3d materials are not new, they are just formulas i know since the 90er from Cinema 4D.
i like to see someone replace the stupid 2d textures with
a better solution
just say this part is wood,metal,stone etc.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 22:50
ok , 2 videos
enjoy. added to the First Post.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 02:23
So you're not clearing the screen between updates and storing the location of the brushes rather than pixel data to keep the file size down?

It produces some nice patterns, but reading back through the thread I hope you didn't spend any money on those Patent Applications because it's a technique almost as old as computers themselves.

Like I said, it can be used to produce some nice effects though.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 03:46
fog. <<<--- thats a actually a very very good name got this reply post.

yes sometimes the oldest trick in the book is the best one.
now lets hope everyone here and beyond thinks the same as you do and my patent is safe.

more will be revealed soon.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks nice Have you tried it on iPad 3+ yet? Some time ago I played around with disabling the clear color to create such an effect (EnableClearColor(0)) which worked fine on PC but was total chaos on iOS. Perhaps that has been resolved in recent builds or you can get around that by manually calling the screen refresh commands.

One foreseeable problem with this approach via AppGameKit (assuming Tier 1) is that any interface elements you wish to display will also be baked onto the render texture. This may be acceptable if you will only have static menus that never move, but may also prove problematic (similar to the printed text you are displaying in the first video).
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 10:11
very very true however i did found some nice cool features around it...
for example if you want to "print("something")" you can just add a black sprite or some sprite behind it .. and the enableclearcolor(0) wont effect it... since you dont draw the sprite you position it there and it is alive as long as the text is...

however ... why did i made such a big boom out of this project..
cause i used enableclearcolor(0) and have a fully animated GUI .. so you ask how do i keep it from baking.. enableclearcolor(1)... but then it cleans the screen right? and a getimage will be too tough on a mobile ... so here comes the Real Time TExturing system..

you can eighter watch the replay in diffrent speeds from x1 to x20 (above x8 it will lose some accuracy but for some reason it will smooth stuff up which is an awesome effect on its own... however that doset mean that you lose quality no no no ... cause if you play it again on x1 you will get exact results.)
or you can do a Full Fill... now the speed of refilling everything depends on what you draw and how much.. but.. when AGKv2 arrives with Render to Target... then i'll release the Pro version. fix this version wheres really there is no need for replay everytime... its just stupid.. i know.. but i think most ppl will like this approach even if its a bit slow...

with that said...

some additional cool features will be revealed soon.

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 11:52
So the magic file system is in fact how every simple editor most people (I do) create to make games? I.e save positions/rotations/sizes of sprites instead of whole fields of pixels?

It looks cool nonetheless, even if you might not be added to the bill gates/steve jobs kind of list of people in computer history for this

My hovercraft is full of eels
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 12:00
haliop, does this system actually save a tiny file that can be used by anything other than your own art package? If not you won't be making any millions from it, as suggested by others here the technique is not new or clever unless it is useful outside of your software.

The effects look very nice but you can't patent a system that is already used by thousands of other developers. I hope we're guessing wrong

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 12:23
you are right about the tiny file sytem you must use my plugins to make it work...
however when you see x,y positions and rotations...
i see a completly other thing... that will be revealed in a few months.
for now i will complete the hack out of this painter.
and yeah lil i wont get into history by the file system but with this project as a whole meaning the G-Rod Engine not the G-Rod Texture utility. i just hope it will help me get trough next months so i will be able to show you something you all wanted to do as gamers but never had the right tool to do it.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 14:46
Added :

Brush and Particles teaser video.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 17:30
nice use of memblocks to make paint brushes

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2013 18:26
No memblocks are used in this project....

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Aug 2013 13:28
created a Page for the app on Facebook.

Like if you like it.

https://www.facebook.com/NanoCanvas

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2013 14:33
How can I not like it? You used the name I suggested

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Aug 2013 19:38
yes thank you for that!
awesome name.

cant wait to show you the new feature tonight! it is a superb Suprize to all Music Lovers out there!

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Aug 2013 02:11
holding next feature for tommarow as im too tired and want to play some battlefield... well you dont want me to be too tired on the battle field right?

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 18:14
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2013 08:48 Edited at: 7th Aug 2013 08:49
Cool work man! Could you please post the number of sprites you get rendered on screen when drawing? I encountered fps drop after drawing more than 650 sprites on iPad 3rd gen (and >1000 on iPad 4th gen), so that I had to use memblocks in Chalk&Crayon for iPad (link to the app if you want to test it: https://itunes.apple.com/app/chalk-crayon-drawing-on-ipad/id604167613?mt=8)

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 00:01 Edited at: 8th Aug 2013 00:03
@tornado, the way haliop is achieving this is by disabling the clear state. This only requires a single sprite and it then gets baked to the render texture / buffer as much as needed without affecting performance. However when I experimented with this a year or so ago I know iOS especially had major problems with that command (EnableClearColor(0)). You had to use Tier 2 to achieve your method for your paint program didn't you? Memblocks seemed awfully slow when I played with them in Tier 1 (btw, beautiful app!)
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 01:09
TY and yeah tornado i didnt say anything cause we already discussed it just read the posts... there are pleny of way to work around using thousands of sprite at a frame cycle without any FPS lost...
and i dont posses an iphone or ipad to check Crayon but i did watched the videos and its pretty impressive and simple.. something that i find very hard is to keep Nano simple because there are so many options..

and the paint program is just the start... btw did anyone noticed that these brushes are able to generate real time particles ?

and thank you xCept on that awesome comment.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I really do like the brush generation piece of NC! Very cool and dynamic I wish you much success!
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks xCept Yep I do Tier2 and memblocks are somewhat slow in tier2 also, but iPad 4th gen bakes 2048x1536 block within 1.8 seconds, so it's good enough result for saving image

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 15:10
Music Creator Video Unleashed! tell me what do you think ?

what if you had the right simple tools to create Music Videos to your favorite Artists / BAnds/ songs...

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 18:49
New video...
i see there is no traffic here
so i'll keep updating on Facebook.

please join us
http://www.facebook.com/NanoCanvas

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:01:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:01:50