Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Munchy - a retroish platform/puzzle game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 12:51 Edited at: 24th Nov 2003 13:02
Hello!
I made this a while ago, I don't know why I didn't post it here sooner...
This would my first real attempt at a game in DarkBasic (I did have a really bad DBZ shoot em up first... but it was reeeeeal bad...). The controls "stick" a little, and it's not exactly what I had hoped to make... but that just gives me more to work on when I make the next one ^_^

The game is a nice little platformer/puzzle game. You wander around a level consisting of large blocks, and place bombs to blow bricks up (making sure you're not in the blast!) switch switches to move coloured blocks, get keys to open doors... the usual stuff you expect from a platform game like this... some levels can give you a limited number of bombs (though most supply you with infinite at the mo), and you can even get a STAR that allows your bombs to blow up enemies
Oh yes, and the object of each level is to collect all the blue gems, which will cause the "stargate" (hee) to open up, allowing you to complete the level by stepping inside

Controls:
Z (or button A on controller): plant bomb
X (or button B on controller): Use switch/teleporter etc
C (or button C on controller): Change game music around

Here is some screenshots (shrank)

As I said the controls a bit iffy, but when I get round to it (I have plans for the next few games I have to make...working on a huge RPG at the moment x_X) I will be making a better version of this game, with far more features ^_^

Enjoy:
http://members.fortunecity.com/blackmoth/munchy.html
EricDB
Years of Service
User Offline
That game has potential, and I want to play it. But the controls! They just kill the gameplay because sometimes moving one extra space means death, and it's almost impossible to keep from doing so once in a while.

Please just fix the controls before you move to your next project!
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 01:01
Well... to put it simply, if I was to open the code again, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix the controls. I made it a while ago, and I really don't leave enough REM notes as one should...
The game i'm working on now, the controls are not a problem. And they won't be a problem when I come round to remaking this game as I originally intended (with two playable characters, only X amount of the level around you shown at any time, variety of themes of level, more stuff...) then it won't be a problem. But that's a ways off

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:59:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:59:03