Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Jump Scares

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am extremely new to all of this so I know next to nothing about scripting. I am trying to create a jump scare. I want to have an entity appear after the player hits a trigger zone but then I want it to disappear a second or 2 after, probably after some big menacing sound scares the pants off of who ever is playing. Does anybody know how I would go about having an entity appear and then disappear within a few seconds of each other?
Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2013 18:56
That's not a hard thing to do. As far as the scripting end of it, just real basic you can use the stock trigger zone script to accomplish most of this . Change the main in the trigger zone to activateifused.fpi. In the if used field change it to the name of the entity you would like to appear.

Set your entity where you want it to appear, give it a unique name I use badguy1,but it can be whatever you'd like. In the spawn at start field change that to no.

Try that out. See what you come up with.

To write a original script for this is easy. But we all here on the forums prefer to guide you not do it for you. So give it a shot and post whatever scripts you come up with right or wrong, you'll learn the scripting along the way.

Hint: you can use a tweaked version of the stock trigger script to accomplish all of this.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2013 02:02
If you have a short video of a scare you could even use the video trigger zone

CrescentMoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you create a time delay for this type of script? For instance have the jump scare entity activate and then disappear a few seconds later?

On Hiatus, planning a couple games. Waiting for upgrades to the engine.
Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2013 18:23
Etimergreater is the condition you would use for that.

For example:

Etimergreater=200:activateifused=1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:03:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:03:08