Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Should I wait until the final release of v108 to submit my game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My Android game has been working fine with AppGameKit v108 Beta 16. Is it a good idea to submit it to Google or should I wait until this beta version goes to a final release?

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 00:49
I have an app on Google Play (Happy Chick), which has had many updates over many betas, starting from 108b6 through 108b14. I've not experienced any issues so far... Some may argue that launching on a beta platform is a bad idea, and in part I'd agree with them but in this case, I'd say go for it!!! Good luck with your game
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 01:12
One of my games has been released with beta code. If it works, it works..

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I would say if you have tested it and it seems to work properly for you, and if you have anyone who can test it on a few other devices with no issues, you should be fine. After all, you may be using all the fully functional parts of the beta, and not the flaky bits.

All I would recommend is try to test it on more than one android device, preferably one with a different aspect ration screen. That way you can be more sure of it working across the board.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 00:06
I released with beta 8, I think.
Just test out your game as thoroughly as you can.
Ask a few friends to help beta test. I'm sure folks here will also be happy to test for you.
Also keep in mind that developing in an extremely diverse multiplatform world there are bound to be little bugs that you can do nothing about. I've not had a single complaint about bugs in dFenz, though I've only had about 600 downloads, I imagine someone would complain!
I'd say test and launch!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 11:09:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 11:09:29