Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / link a entity with a hud?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If I use the back pack script can I link a diving mask with a hud?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 23:12
Of course, I don't see why not? I remember you where using
a "diving mask" hud only, but do you have a model/entity of a mask?

Also, which "back pack" script/system are you using, Tax78's ?
I think I have that one.
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako

No I haven't made it yet but I just wanted to make sure it's possible first.
And yes tax78's back pack.

I figured it would make sense to pick it up and then select it for use in the back pack. Then I could apply the underwater death script for those without a mask.
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
So how is this process done? anybody?
Quote: "If I use the back pack script can I link a diving mask with a hud? "
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 03:36
riccetts
I just had a look at the "back pack" scripts. It would work, but might be easier in your case just to script it, or maybe use it as a "weapon"? I have some free time. Can you model the goggles?
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako

I will upload it by tomorrow night.I didn't have any idea we could use it as or like a weapon.I thought that was for weapons only. Would it show up with a number key? Now I could probably play around with the underwater death script to work if the user didn't find the mask. but anyways I will work on the mask tonight sometime and have it by tomorrow night.
Thanks
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 04:26
riccetts
It's really depends on you. You can do a simple script where after you pick up the "goggles" one can simple press a key (like the "G" key for goggles)and the goggle hud would appear (this would be a simple and quick solution).
Or you could attach it to a pair of hands like a weapon and place it in a "weaponslot". You would have to animate the hands to come up to the face with the goggles and then your hud would appear.
(much more time consuming). I would pick the first choice.
Also: If you went with just the script/goggle hud, then you could add a pair of hands for underwater swimming. Tax78 has made just this...http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199271&b=23
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I'll script it but I might still need your help with that.
I have uploaded the divers mask
I made the entity with the "model maker" I got from this sight but when I change the static to no the texture does not show. Do you know why that happen?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2013 21:50
It seems to work fine for me? (attached a pic)
Also, the mask was a little high in poly's (+2500) So I brought it down some (about 800). Grab this program, it's free and does a great job in reducing a mesh & preserving the uv's.http://www.atangeo.com/download
I just use "Entity Workshop" for simple entities. I did however flip it over in the .fpi "fixnewy=180".

Attachments

Login to view attachments
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
The texture still only shows when static is on yes...otherwise it goes grey. I used the app and it seems easy enough. I have uv mapper I would like to see it separate all the groups so I can work on them in detail. Is that possible? I also have lithunwrap that seems a bit confusing though.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2013 17:40
riccetts
I don't know why yours is not showing? Like I said, I use
Entity Workshop.
Quote: "I would like to see it separate all the groups "

I use Milkshape, you can separate the groups in that and work on them individually.
There is one more program that can help you. I noticed your UV's were all over the place. A nice program to cut clean lines is "3D Unfold" (but a little pricey) But there's a free alternative.
"RoadKill UV Tool" from Pullin Shapes. They had a free stand alone version for windows and is exactly like 3D Unfold.
http://www.pullin-shapes.co.uk/page8.htm
You can cut your own UV's, or let it do it for you.
Also, do you have an email, might go quicker with this?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:57:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:57:57