Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / PUSH problems on ANDROID with latest beta 17

Author
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2013 19:11 Edited at: 15th Aug 2013 19:13
Hi, does anybody experienced problems with the latest beta 17 regarding push notification setup? I noticed that my app starts in the player as well as a standalone android app, on an android smartphone, but then after a few seconds and a black screen a message is showing up like "app stopped working"....

I nailed it down that it is linked somehow to the PushNotificationSetup() function. Whenever I REM it out it works and starts perfectly, but if I delete the REM the same problem comes up again. I know that my app worked perfect with PUSH notification before. I changed no code regarding the PUSH notification setup...

Thanks in advance for any ideas...!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 19:37
Since you are using the 'REM' commmand, I assume that you are in Tier 1.

There have been issues with random stuff happening because of position of command in file (apparently).

If you aren't actively using the Print command to output stuff, try adding Print("") just before the command you've been remming out and see if the issue goes away. This outputs a blank line (not visible).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 18:37:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 18:37:40