Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Trojan Virus in Particle Sandbox

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2013 03:13 Edited at: 16th Aug 2013 20:06
Kaspersky is pretty adamant that there is a virus in Particle Sandbox...

Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VBitframe.exv

I downloaded a fresh copy from the TGC website and it still insists the file is infected.

Apps published: 3
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2013 08:37 Edited at: 16th Aug 2013 08:44
Comodo flags it as unclassified malware and deletes it. Virus Total indicates that around 50% of all virus scanners (19 in total) detect it as a trojan or virus.

I am hopeful it just has something to do with the way the application EXE is packed. Baxlash's Kingdom demo, which also uses a packaged EXE to protect assets, is likewise flagged as "Heur.Suspicious" in Comodo when I try to run it. However, Kingdom is marked as clean by all other scanners and is never reported to be a trojan, unlike Particle Sandbox.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2013 09:26
Quote: "Baxlash's Kingdom demo, which also uses a packaged EXE to protect assets, is likewise flagged as "Heur.Suspicious" in Comodo when I try to run it. However, Kingdom is marked as clean by all other scanners and is never reported to be a trojan"

Glad to hear it!

I'll alert TGC.

"Here I am trying to do some good for the world..." - Fluffy Rabbit
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 23:58
I didn't put any viruses in it, and I'm confident that SmartPacker doesn't add any viruses. So my guess would be false positive?

I can scan the version that I sent to TGC, maybe they could scan the version that they are sending out?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 14:24:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 14:24:48