Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Works good with BroadCast and player but not as a stand alone apk..

Author
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 19:04
i doubled checked everything...
ran it on Windows then broadcasted to 2 devices works good.
compiled using eclipsed exported published downloaded to both devices but things gets messed up.. everything works but it just dosent look the same...
where there should be a circle there is a heart etc... textures are messed up etc...

any idea?

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 19:43
version conflict or forget copy/rename bytecode file?
i believe the .apk is a .jar archiv,maybe rename and look it.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 19:52
i always rename it to bytecode.same extension double checked everything including the code...

i didnt know it was simply a jar... i'll check it right away.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 19:54
everything seem to be in order... thats really weird..

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 20:15 Edited at: 19th Aug 2013 20:17
maybe make a checksum/or compare byte size from your apk on hd and the apk from the web shop
to be sure google do not change content.
you can install also the apk self on device without shop.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure to also change your bundle identifier in the manifest and other areas like the Readme in the Android template describes (it should be com.yourcompany.yourappname). Also, Android files are case sensitive, so you must make sure to reference them accurately in your AppGameKit code to match the actual files ("image.png" is not the same as "Image.png").
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 20:21
bundle identifier? i did everything the read me suggested.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 20:22
altough i did see more places where
com.thegamecreators.agkplayer is found i wonder if i need to change those as well...

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 23:06
fixing and fixing and still it dosent work.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2013 23:54
Are you working in Tier 1 or Tier 2?

Assuming Tier 1, did you start with the interpreter_android, interpreter_android_prebuilt or interpreter_android_prebuilt_lite directory to make your project?

The README.txt file in the interpreter_android directory doesn't tell you to change anything in the files. The one in the prebuilt ones does have instructions about what to change.

And you shouldn't change "com.thegamecreators.agkplayer" anywhere (at least not in the v10815 and up versions).

Quote: "bundle identifier?"

The bundle identifier is what makes each app unique on a device.

For instance, the basic AppGameKit Player (as delivered for the Android platform) is 'com.thegamecreators.agk_player'. It is also happens to be the package name, for the Android Player, referred to in the README.txt instructions.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 09:50
ty i got it to work
please check it out

[href=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NanoTech.NanoCanvasKidsFree]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NanoTech.NanoCanvasKidsFree[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 10:02:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 10:02:51