Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tier 2] - AGK Wizard project fails to compile, but example projects are fine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 06:58
So, I did some tests using an example AppGameKit project in VC++ 2010 Express. The example project was the SpaceShooter game. Everything went smoothly and it ran well, and now I'm ready to start up my project.

I started a new project and selected the AGK_Wizard template for the project.

I didn't change anything and attempted to compile it straight away. I was met with quite a long list of errors:

I notice that this is all in the cobject3d.h header file, but I'm not wanting to utilize any of AGK's 3D elements. Can I exclude this from my project just to get it up and running? Or, better yet, for future development sake, what's wrong with this header file and how can I fix it to compile properly?

The first error about DEBUG_NEW is pointing at this line:

m_pData is defined as a void*

Are there some include/libraries that I need to ensure are included in the project properties? If I can't get this to work out, I may have to strip down one of the example projects and start from there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 16:35
First, what version of AppGameKit are you using?

How did you get an AGK_Wizard template in your VC?

Check to see if the library directories you are linking to are pointing to <AGK>\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Debug (for Debug configuration) and <AGK>\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Release (for Release configuration).

It's possible that the wizard defaults to VC++ Express 2008.

There is no way to exclude anything in the Windows projects. There is only one library for AppGameKit in the build. In iOS and Android, there are lite versions that exclude social stuff. But none exclude the 3D stuff. If you don't use any of it, it doesn't affect anything.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 02:23
Aha! Yes that was exactly it. Thanks, AL, the wizard did have it set up for the '08 express.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 16:55:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 16:55:31