Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Feature Request: Xinput

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 22:00
So, I know agk now supports ouya and ouya controllers primarily via the GetRawJoystickButtonState,Released, and Pressed commands. I was just thinking that a growing number of popular PC games (especially those released on steam) are now supporting controllers, specifically xbox controllers (you can always use an emulator for other branded controllers so that their output is the same as an xbox controller).

Now I have a feeling this addition wouldn't be that complicated for TGC to add since GetRawJoystickButtonState already supports button inputs 1-32 for up to 4 players. Ouya controllers only utilize about half those buttons anyways. I truly think this feature would expand the places agk users can release games (possibly steam,etc) and also open up entirely new approaches. With the ability to use xbox controllers in agk tier 1, that introduces co-op and competitive game capabilities to a device other than ouya (also the most powerful device agk currently supports-PC!). People using agk could develop multiplayer games intended for ouya (and if that doesn't pan out), then port them to multiplayer PC games! I'd appreciate it if the folks at TGC could at least comment on this thread so I knew if this feature were at all possible for them and if they're interested in adding it to the command set, thanks!
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 22:59
at pc is a full working "xbox" pc game pad really important.
if it use direct x input or similar is for me either way, ...
a working inputdevices/buttons/sticks enum list would be much better
for all devices. thinking about staitek x45 flight stick etc.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 23:31 Edited at: 20th Aug 2013 23:31
Since someone else started the feature request, here's a small thing that shouldn't be too hard, but may be useful. Could we by any chance, for mobile/tablet devices, read the IMEI number? Or the device serial number? Or any device specific unique identifier perhaps?

Something else that would just be perfect, would be the ability to read the system user name, which for andoid I think would be the default google email address, user name for windows....no idea for ios. Lol. Having dabbled with iAP, the default email address would REALLY help match purchases to payments if that were needed (thinking apps communicating with servers here).

Just a thought.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 23:40
So the raw joystick commands doesn't work the the 360 controller on PC? In addition to the button commands AppGameKit can detect 2 joysticks on each controller.

Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 01:18 Edited at: 21st Aug 2013 01:21
Quote: "So the raw joystick commands doesn't work the the 360 controller on PC?"

Mostly - it looks to be missing the DPad and the big glowy button in the middle. Also the triggers are a bit wierd, both being read off one analogue input

Left An. stick is accessed with GetRawJoystickX() and GetRawJoystickY()
Right An. stick is accessed with GetRawJoystickRX() and GetRawJoystickRY()
An. Triggers are accessed through GetRawJoystickZ() - positive = left, negative = right
"A" is on Button 1
"B" is on Button 2
"X" is on Button 3
"Y" is on Button 4
Shoulder buttons are buttons 5 (left) & 6 (Right)
Select is button 7
Start is button 8

Lavaflyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 03:58 Edited at: 21st Aug 2013 04:03
hmmm, I ran into an interesting problem here! Marl is actually totally correct, the 360 controller is supported via getrawjoystickbuttonstate (minus the d-pad and home button-TGC any update on when those will be supported). The problem I've run into is that I'm using ps3 controllers (b/c I have three of them) and then using motionjoy to emulate 360 controller output from the ps3 controllers. I play all my games this way also b/c most games are programmed intended for the 360 rather than the ps3 (it's just easier this way and motionjoy works flawlessly. So, anyways agk recognizes my ps3 controller as 2 separate controllers. Controller 1 doesn't output anything within agk (b/c I assume it is the actual ps3) and controller 2 outputs like a normal 360 controller (due to my emulator/motionjoy i assume). I'd like to know if anyone (TGC included) has any ideas of how to fix this b/c I can't really test with multiple controllers due to this issue. Also I was hoping the d-pad would eventually be added to be supported (d-pad is an important feature in games. Thanks everyone!

Edit/note: I just tried connecting my ps3 controller via bluetooth and motionjoy and now agk recognizes my ps3 controller as 1 xbox 360 controller just as you'd expect (minus the d-pad support)!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 09:17
On Ouya the dpad is detected as keyboard keys. The keycodes are the same as the arrow keys. The home/menu button on Ouya also cannot be detected.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:35:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:35:45