Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / camera stream

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 00:19 Edited at: 21st Aug 2013 00:20
is there a way to stream the video from the camera within agk? Specifically, I would like to manipulate the video stream in real time. Like magnify it (Zoom in and out)....

thanks!!!
I should mention I am using tier1...
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
No, the camera capabilities of AppGameKit is very limited and currently only allows you to grab a still-frame (which itself can take some time to import on Android devices). A feature request was made at one point to allow the camera stream to be directed to a sprite texture in real-time, which would allow for manipulation as you want. V2 will support shaders which would likewise allow you to perform filter effects on it. However, currently there is no timeline for when anything more will be done with the camera commands.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 00:36
I don't think additional camera commands are asked about much. At least I've not heard any since the current commands were added.

roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the quick responses. That answers my questions.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 01:24
Bummer. I just had an idea about this. You could write a small bit of facial recognition code and determine where the user's face is in comparison to the center of the camera lens. This could be used to create a 3D effect for backgrounds/parallax. Would be super cool and much better than trying to do it with accelerometers/gyros/etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 18:13:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 18:13:44