Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / very interesting find...

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 09:31 Edited at: 21st Aug 2013 09:33
This is the first time I've released a game that had a free version available.

Looking at the stats after 2 days running I have hit 180 downloads and then 150 downloads for yesterday. I've never known what kinda volume of potential interested people in a single project per day looked like....now I know this will die down but I also noticed a spike in sales that looks like it helped having the free version to test out first.

Also its nice to have a free version to hear all the complaints they may have instantly....and fix and update the downloads.

when you have a free version you get allot more feedback allot faster then on a paid version....this gives you time to fix any bugs and patch it up again for both releases.

I highly recommend when releasing a new game to actually release 2 versions at the same time. Make note that there is a free version to try on the buy one... and vice versa in your game description.

I will need to go back and release a free hockey game (limited version) to see what happens to my ice brawler sales.... im very curious now... also it doesn't hurt to mention your other apps available in your descriptions.

edit: im also going to go back and fix up my ants game and re release with a free /paid version to see what happens with that one.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 09:50
Thanks for sharing. And great that you see an increase in sales from a free/demo version

The jury is still out on the benefits of demos. The general consensus of larger companies is that demos in most cases hurt sales. Basically the demo shows any flaws of the game and people might be content just playing the demo. Both cases lowers the amount of sales. However, a demo can be used to spread the knowledge that your game exists. And if your game is good it can entice players to buy it. For big companies the benefits are usually not really that important. Knowledge of the game is often achieved through marketing.

Every game on Ouya has to be free to try. But as a result many devs have a low attachment ratio (sales per download). I wonder how many have done like me, downloaded like 50 games and played like 10. I have bought 3 of the games I've played and 3 of them were free. I know that only about 1/4 users have actually bought a game. Which I hope will increase as that doesn't really appeal to devs.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 10:24
true...

I myself have paid for about 6 games on ouya.... and those seem to be the only ones im playing.

My fav game for ouya is officially Wrestling Revolution....what a cool game!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 21:28
Yeah, once you have found a game you enjoy enough to buy, you are likely to play those games. And unless you have a lot of free time to game you won't have time to try every game.

Haven't tried that game. My favorite game on Ouya is Knightmare Tower, first game I bought. Recently I have bought and played Nimble Quest. But I want to go through my 360 backlog before getting a PS4 so I've been playing mostly on that lately.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 06:15
you're talking about iOS aren't you?

The NEW, awesomest app on Google Play
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 19:03 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 19:05
On appworld for blackberry

Is the only store I ever submitted anything to.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 07:42
ok, I've been considering porting some of my apps to blackberry, the problem is that the only way to make money from it is paid apps, no ads or IAP with AGK

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 19:12 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2013 19:14
The great thing about bb.... Is the lack of apps....

A perfect example is my hockey game is the only actual hockey game available on bb.

Because of this I have a constant stream of money coming in every month from it.

Look at the store and see what's missing... Then capitalize on it.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 09:16 Edited at: 24th Aug 2013 09:18
ok, can you please explain the process of compiling AppGameKit for it?

edit: have you tried/do you use this method: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 19:57
im actually working on getting the new beta18 setup and running with nsdk.

first you will need to get nsdk 2.10 for tablet os...install it.

Then import the interpreter_blackberry into the project workspace.

I will have more info when I get beta18 working. I will try to do a video tutorial or something...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 11:28:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 11:28:37