Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Virtual Segments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 11:57 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 10:00
Here's a few different colored segments for whatever. I take only credit for making varies colors. Except green which is the original by Cyborg ART.

Special thanks to Cyborg ART for the texture, and lotgd for the segment.

Segments: Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Purple, White, Green (by Cyborg ART), Cyan, and Orange.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqdueVlEDU&feature=youtu.be

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?5amicahzhig16fl

Note: If you have any problems let know I'll try to fix them. Also if this is NOT allowed then I'll remove the download and I apologize. Just wanted to contribute to the community in return for being generous and helpful to me!

Note: You can not sell these or claim them to be your own. You cannot use them in commercial use without permission from original creators (is my guess.) You may use them for free games basically only.

Screenshots:

Knowledge of the undead since the age of 4.

Z_E
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 23:17
No one? Ok then...

Z_E
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good I'm sure people will see these in time.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 03:18
Very nice. The third screenshot got my attention.

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
only the Stock modells with an retexture that are not made be you

whats your work in this pack Copy and Paste .Fpe and change the texturepath ? and name

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size.
VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Very nice. The third screenshot got my attention. "

Me too,
the colors used here could be pretty for my VR Training pack.
Perhaps by reducing the mesh of your textures on characters they would be nicer.

Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 01:06
I changed up the colors of the original texture, and applied them to segments.

I don't know much, kind of done with FPSC just because of all its issues.

The textures can be applied to anything, the segments are in the pack. It just comes with the textures for additional creations. Such as if someone wanted to reskin the hands and guns, furniture, npcs, etc.

Z_E
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 01:12
Quote: "kind of done with FPSC just because of all its issues."

You don't have to repeat that so much. FPSC is a good engine and the creators have done a fantastic job building it.

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 21:04
While decent, it has bad reputation, no matter what you make, you'll be bashed just for using that engine. Then again a lot of those haters are Unity fanboys (plus a lot of FPSC projects end up switching to that). Tried helping a guy out with his game but he seem to have had enough with the limitations and is going Unity. Too bad, the game he was working on was decent. Better than what I could have done. Gave him some helpful links and told him some tricks for scares.

Anyways hope to see these be put to use. Originally I wanted to do a whole virtual arena mode level. Characters, guns, hands, hud, furniture, segments, etc. But decided it was best to just stop with these, didn't know how to do the weapons and hands.

Z_E
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2013 01:31
FPSC does not have a bad reputation. Its an affordable FPS game engine and people are comparing it to engines that cost in the 1000s.

Youtube, Twitter, Instagram: Teabone3
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 01:02
Hmm, you must be finding pretty nice communities if they don't mind FPSC games. Usually I see people telling devs to switch to Unity/Source/Unreal because they say the engine is outdated and terrible. FPSC is good for beginners and messing around. The easiest editor I've used so far. But if you want to make something more than a hobby project, FPSC isn't the choice.

Z_E
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 01:23 Edited at: 15th Oct 2013 01:25
Quote: "Hmm, you must be finding pretty nice communities if they don't mind FPSC games"

It really depends. My work is generally respected in other communities. I have the occasional conversation about other engines but its not frequent. If your FPSC game is obviously a FPSC game, you are doing it wrong anyway. People should see YOUR work, not FPSC working behind it. At least my opinion.

Quote: "Usually I see people telling devs to switch to Unity/Source/Unreal"

Often people who dont make anything constructive themselves or simply mod. Otherwise they would know that one does not simply use a big-name engine on his own.
I had this question a couple times: "Why do you still use FPSC, think about what you could do in ...like UDK or Unity?"
The answer is nothing. I dont have the skills nor the time to code a game in such an engine on my own. thats why I like FPSC.
Quote: "FPSC is good for beginners and messing around. The easiest editor I've used so far. But if you want to make something more than a hobby project, FPSC isn't the choice."

Thats highly debatable. If you want to really invest in your project and gather a team of experienced devs...sure! Go with an engine. If you want to do something on your own and want to see results, you can use FPSC. its capable of that. There are multiple commercial projects that are decent which are made by FPSC.

Working in an engine on your own is a mammoth task and telling some kid who clicks around in FPSC to use UDK is just as constructive as asking someone who can make models in milkshape to design a planeengine in AutoCAD.

FPSC has its weaknesses, sure! Many people bought it and didnt get past that frustration curve...I know but if there is one constant thing I observed within the 7 or 8 years I make games is that if you can't make an at least somewhat decent game in FPSC you will certainly not get anything (maybe a neat map using stock stuff tops) done in other engines.

From the people I saw switching to unity because they thought their own faults where due to FPSC 80% vanished and didnt do anything ever again 15% where doing something small or just very slow progress/vaporware and 5% actually went on to doing something good. But always in a team.

From the people who made decent things in FPSC and simply outgrew it, where skilled enough to actually use a big engine. 99% went on to something really cool.

Estimates of course.

Look Zombie_Expert. I wrote you a big ugly post on what I think of you in that thread Uman locked and I dont mind you personally anyway so I'm going to tell you this friendly:
You are entitled to your opinion and voiced it in numerous other threads. However, if all you want to contribute to this community from now on is bashing FPSC maybe you should just move on. I mean..I saw this "FPSC is terrible" thing going on in quite a few threads now. We got it

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It really depends. My work is generally respected in other communities. I have the occasional conversation about other engines but its not frequent. If your FPSC game is obviously a FPSC game, you are doing it wrong anyway. People should see YOUR work, not FPSC working behind it. At least my opinion."

Agree 100%. And that's where much of the creativity and hard work comes in.
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 23:29 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2013 23:32
I've got some stuff in the works. More segments. Doors, walls, and floors. Should have a little pack of a variety for modern scenes ready by the end of the month. Expect 50 all together in it.

@Wolf
I'm sorry for the bashing, it's just some things got to me. I enjoy FPSC, best beginner engine I ever used, in the 3D area. I let those Unity fans get to me, all the trolling get to me. I've been away rethinking things over and have decided to stay and contribute, while attempting to get something decent out the door as an actual game. Thankfully I'll be going to school hopefully next year, there I will expand my skills and knowledge on game design.
Also Wolf I'll be asking for your assistance...again. You do very well with x9, and I look up to you. You're the one I seek advice, criticism, and help from.
Exynoz242
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 09:44
hey i new to the forums so hello guys
can i have those vr's segments and entities please
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 02:49
The download link should work.