Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Notifications without using AGK push?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 20:58 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 21:07
So in my game I hope to have the server handle some of the push notifications. The foremost reason being that a game has ended because a player has not made their turn in the allotted time limit.
I was thinking to have a server script run every so often to check for games that meet this condition.

The reason I'd want the server to handle it is because; say that P1 is waiting for P2 to make a turn and P2 never makes their turn and the time limit runs up. I'd like P1 and P2 to get a notice that the game ended without having to run the app.

I know that some apps do this - mainly Zynga games that annoy you with "I miss you" messages. It is not my goal to make annoyances like these, but it is my goal to make it so that the user gets this notification without either user having to run the app.

Does this make sense?

I've been googling around and haven't found much that isn't overly complex where this seems like it would be pretty simple.

Does anyone have ideas on how to do this?
Thanks!

EDIT: Also if you are running the app and a push notification gets sent out is there a way to stop it from appearing? I don't really want my players getting notices when the app is open. Thx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 05:14:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 05:14:59