Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Special effects on images rendered to screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 04:06
I'd like to have a "wave" effect applied to a particular image onscreen. I've only ever done effects like this using shaders in a 3D environment, but this application is 2D only.

What are my options for applying shader-like effects to an image being displayed?

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are looking for something that does this in real-time and has a dynamic effect, you'll have to wait to V2, which will include fullscreen shader support that can be applied to the view as well as individual sprites.

If you are just trying to do this to a particular image one time, it can feasibly be done using memblocks. You can read and write individual pixel data so using the right formula you could warp an image as such. But memblocks are very slow and cannot effectively be run every frame especially on mobile devices.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 06:46
Darn... I was afraid that would be the answer. :/

Maybe I can update the project later using V2 to make it happen. Thanks for the response.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 09:59 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2013 10:06
maybe you can use anyhow

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 07:23
Very interesting. Might do something like that. Thanks for sharing

~Plystire

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 05:09:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 05:09:04