Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Networking: sending messages

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 22:57 Edited at: 24th Aug 2013 15:01
Hey guys,

I've been struggling for the last couple of days to get some T1 network code working.

I'm connecting to a host using an ip address. The connection seems to work and can get number of clients, ids etc, but I don't seem able to send or receive any message.

I tried using the networking example code (after fixing bugs) and that had the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this or got a solution?

EDIT: I'm using latest beta version. Have tried connecting sending messages from another windows machine and via an android player.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 10:29 Edited at: 24th Aug 2013 10:38
maybe try the other connect without ip in LAN at first and/or print
data on screen.

windows firewall / other firewall software / router firewall or config can be the reason too.

source code i used:
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 14:59
The example code uses the named-network method, rather than direct IP and I still had the same problem.

I've configured my firewall as per info about the AppGameKit networking protocols and also the port I specify. I hope it isn't any more complex than that or how would I expect players to get it working?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 06:58:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 06:58:32