Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compiler not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I went to run my program tonight and nothing happened it just froze so after a few minutes I closed down agk and loaded back up but when I got to selecting my file to load I noticed it was set out differently but I found my file and loaded up but when I tried to compile I got the message that my file c: agk/ etc etc had failed and 'nothing to be done' at the end of the message. This happens when I compile or run any program even the example program's that come with agk.

Help please
Doveyy04
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I have gone into settings and reset defaults in the compiler which has put everything right but when I run the program after compiling it just freezes again and I can't abort the run???
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 02:16
What version of AppGameKit are you working with?

Did you try running the executable in the project directory after compiling (without running)?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Doveyy04
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using the trial version, I've had no problems before until the incident in the first post. Sorry I'm not sure what u mean about running in the project directory
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 00:58
Assuming that you are running from the AppGameKit IDE, you have some project open as the active project. The project directory is the directory that project is in.

If you right click on the tab for the main.agc file that you are trying to run, and select 'Properties', the 'File name' field will show you the directory it is in (if you don't already know).

The AppGameKit IDE will create a .exe file with the same name as appears in the project in the IDE in that directory.

If you are using the trial version, you are using version 1076. There are known issues with trying to run an app directly from the IDE.

If you compile it in the IDE (the gold gear icon) and then double click on the created .exe, then you can see if there is an issue with the code or it is an issue with the IDE.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:45:09