Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / i suggest everyone to review this link

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 10:10
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207448&b=48

please reply as it will benefit all of us.
i might have been wrong in the title, please read it all and tell us (developers for developers) what your thought about it.
please take 1 minute to read it.

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 11:42
no.
dumb idea and please quit spamming your nonsense

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 11:47
Hmm... It is a very good idea but i guess for real developers not wannabes like you .

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 15:13
Speaking as "real developer" it strikes me as a pointless waste of time.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 17:20
no its not.
just forget it .. pfffff....

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 04:46
Quote: "Speaking as "real developer" it strikes me as a pointless waste of time."

Speaking as a 'real developer', I can say that it works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joshwebsites.DodgeThoseBalls

The NEW, awesomest app on Google Play
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 10:52
MissJojo please dont mind them... they not liking the idea not because of the idea ... but because i posted it. kinda obvious.

Grook
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 12:34
And who could blame them haliop?

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 19:53 Edited at: 26th Aug 2013 19:55
@haliop - I started a thread suggesting the same a few months back and only a couple of AppGameKit users were interested.
I agree there is value in this, however it is far from a formula for success. It is, however, a way for an unknown dev to get some reviews so that their app may have a better chance.
MissJoJo and I are part of a network that does this for other developers. Shoot me an email and I'll add you to the list, but you must have a game available for review, plus be willing to review other people's games.
We also do an ad exchange where we embed other's ads into our app as I feel it is more valuable to have my ad show in another game vs. any potential revenue from admob, but I do show them in conjunction.

We wanted to try something a bit more advanced like a website where you "showcase" your game and other developers can log in and state that they've reviewed your game which will in turn initiate an email to you asking for you to likewise review their game. I've no time to develop that right now, so we're just using an email thread.

Also, just as an FYI - people might be more responsive to your ideas/posts if they don't have generic titles like "I suggest everyone review this link". If you use something more descriptive then you don't make people angry for reading about a subject they have no interest in.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 20:40
Grook, you are right.. i kinda got emotional here where i should have been professional.. but saying its a waste of time.. or that its a dumb idea.. is just dissing which is not nice and that is not because of the idea its because i posted it.. if someone else would have posted it they might said different stuff... i agree with you looking back at what i wrote.. but i disagree with what was written.

Naphier , me and missJojo also traded reviews and it was kinda cool
we actually sent a few email to each other about pluses and minuses..
my email Nadav.Rosenberg787@gmail.com but at this stage Nano Canvas Kids Free is off the market as i have spoke with some major companies about the nano project.. so until im done with that , nano is currently unavailable.

and a Site will be awesome i dont know how to build sites , that would be really really good. and yeah i kinda always messes up the titles of my posts

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 22:23 Edited at: 27th Aug 2013 23:27
removed by author

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 23:02
IronGiant, I think you meant to post this in another thread.

But, the basic moral of the story is not to click on any link in an email sent from someone else unless you are 100% certain of the source.

Only ever use your own book marks for going to any site that you regularly log into.

Always check to see if email from anyone you have an account with is coming to the email address you have registered with them. I have a bazillion email addresses between home and work.

Never click on a link if that is the only thing in the email, no matter who sends it.

If in doubt, reply to the email and ask your friend (presumably) if they sent it. My family is quite used to this uber paranoid behavior of mine.

Or, if in doubt and using Microsoft Outlook, drag the email to the Junk folder and then look at the contents there. All links will be turned into plain text and you can see if the one that you would have clicked on is correct for who it came from.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 23:17
yea, you are right lady, I had to cut and paste my comments, when I had No-Script for FireFox blocking my posting, so I refreshed the forums , and click the wrong link when talkin to my daughter on the phone about what to do with her infected PC. when I pasted it all back, I never noticed the change in dialogue of everyones posts, chatting all looks the same to me in a crisis situation lol

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Naphier send me some info about your Network please?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 20:56
Sent you an email to the address you have linked to your TGC account.
If anyone else wants to be added then just email me and I'll get you on the list.
My email is listed with my account (and at the bottom of my posts).
I probably won't be monitoring this thread any longer so please email me.
Thanks!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Naphier

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 07:11:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 07:11:03