Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / in-App Purchase and In-App Billing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 18:26
Hi everyone!

I already have a game published, Go Guguti! Go! (iOS and Android) and I'm currently analyzing other game creation tools to start creating my second 2D game.

The AppGameKit seems to be a great tool.

This tool has support for in-App Purchase (iOS) and In-App Billing (Android)? It's easy to find templates for games using these resources? It is simple to implement?

Cheers!

GoGugutiGames
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 04:44
Will you be working in Tier 1 (AGK Basic) or Tier 2 (C++)?

All AppGameKit commands are available in both platforms.

I know some people have been working with the In-App purchasing/billing. So they may be able to offer help.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It is very easy to implement simple in-app purchase capabilities in iOS and Android using a recent beta of AGK. Unfortunately there is little to no documentation detailing the process yet, but I successfully implemented it on my own as have others.

To initialize in-app purchase, you'd use the following code, preferably during the app's initialization.

For consistency, if releasing to both Android and iTunes, make sure the IAP product ID is identical through Google Play and iTunes Connect. I generally use 'com.mycompany.myapp.iaptitle' in both places. The 0 flag in the second line is the IAP type: 0 for non-consumable, 1 for consumable.

Then, to trigger the purchase process of a product, you can do the following:

You can check to see whether a particular product has already been purchased via:

Previous purchases can be restored on iOS (for non-consumable products) using:

On Android they will be restored when you call InAppPurchaseSetup().

The hardest part is just going through the processes of configuring the IAP through iTunes / Google. Also, you cannot test IAP through the AppGameKit Player, but must instead compile the app natively for the platform you are distributing it to.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
great post xCept, looks simple enough the way you explained it.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2013 02:25
I wanna give some suggestions, as i have some experience on in app (in iOS/MAC)....

1 - If you decide to publish an app as PAID, never turn it to FREE with IN APP or FREE because you will get your users really bad.

2 - If you decide to publish an app as FREE, you can't go PAID or you will you lose the ranking

3 - If you release a PAID app and turn it to FREE for some days your app will be cracked (if famous) so do it carefully.

4 - Paid apps earn much more than FREE with IN APP if the app is not a mmorpg or rpg.

Well there are other marketing suggestions but are related to the kind of app you wanna release.
The most important is:
If you have a PAID app and a FREE VERSION of this app, never add to the FREE VERSION the in apps. Is always better to show "Look the FULL EDITION features?" in an alert!!!

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 06:12:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 06:12:04