Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how can i fix this error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 00:54
how can i fix this error

BM

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 01:31
Check what file it is trying to load at line 1527 in the FullSourceDump.dba file. This should be located in your <DBPro Root>\Temp folder.

Chances are you've misspelled a file name, or maybe you've since moved the file.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 01:44 Edited at: 28th Aug 2013 01:45
you haven't included any of the code near line 1527/the suspect line of code but this generally occurs when folks try to access a file using literal file paths vs relative file paths.

the folder location where your exe is launched from would be the apps root directory. below that, you might have folders, or sub-directories, that hold various things like media, level data , help files.

for this, let's say your exe is found in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional\Projects\MyApp". that would be the root directory.

dbpro assumes files you're trying to access to be in the root directory unless otherwise specified. ie, if you wanted to access a text file from the root directory, you might use:

if you move the .exe, then the literal path would change and cause the error you've reported (using the long, literal file paths also make you more prone to typing mistakes).

best practice is to access files using relative paths vs literal paths. ie, in the same scenario where the data file is in the root directory, you would simply use:

if the text file was located in a sub-directory, say a "data" folder, then:

try incorporating the (best) practice above re: accessing files (including loading images, models, sounds, etc, as well) and see if that solves the issue.

BEAST
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 04:14
here my code and i look over and i still couldn't figure it out plz

BM

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 05:41 Edited at: 28th Aug 2013 05:41
Quote: "Load Effect "Objects\tree.fx", treeFX, 0"

and the tree.fx file is in the objects folder?

BEAST
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 15:33
i fix it thanks everyone

BM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:04:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:04:57