Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Game not expanding on Android phone in Landscape view

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on a game where I want it to be Landscape only. So I added the command:

SetOrientationAllowed(0,0,1,0)

This only allows the one form of Landscape view. When I publish (F5 Key) from my laptop, my Android tablet picks up the game fine and displays the game on a full screen in Landscape view.

However, with my Android phone, it doesn't expand the screen view. It keeps it very narrow and the game is pretty much unplayable on the phone.

Does anyone know how to get it to use up the entire Landscape viewing area on my Android phone?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2013 16:36
If you are testing on your phone through the Player, you have to hold the phone in landscape mode before you open the Player. Then when you broadcast to it, the Player is already in landscape and it should behave.

If you are building an APK file and installing it, there are steps that need to be done in the AndroidManifest.xml file to make the app start in landscape immediately.

How are you testing?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
bstebbs
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. That worked perfectly. I thought I had already done that but apparently not. It's really neat to see an app published from my laptop working on my Android tablet and phone. But, now I have to make some objects a little bigger so they show up better on the phone. Should be easy to do. Thanks again. ...Bob

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:34:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:34:18