Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tier 2] VS-2010 - Compile Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 18:59
Okay, I believe that I have done my due diligence on this, but still cannot get a project to compile.

1. Uninstalled VS 2012 & 2010 & all redistributables, deleted directories and then ran CCleaner to clean the registry out.
2. Reinstalled VS 2010 & SP1.
3. Fixed the ignore atsld.lib to include the semi-colon ;
4. Turned OFF Enable Incremental Linking
5. Set the (Multi-Threaded MT)
6. There is already a core.cpp file in the project folder and it is a little different from the one in the IDE folder, so I did not overwrite it.

After all of that, the build then gives the following long list of errors:

It seems obvious that it can't find AGKWindows.lib, but I'm not sure how to fix the issue.

Now, please keep in mind that this is my first venture into Tier 2 and using VS 2010. My C++ is extremely limited, but I have been programming since around 1980. (QBasic, AMOS, Visual Basic and the like)

Thanks in advance!!
JHA
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 19:19
What version of AppGameKit are you working with?

The examples provided with the installation have not been updated since before v1076. And you do need to make changes if you want them to use the current installation. But to get a basic compile and link you don't need to update the Core.cpp file.

Did you update your project settings (in both Debug and Release) configurations to use the 'IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\' directory (with appropriate 'Debug' and 'Release' at the end) instead of the 'IDE\platform\windows\Lib\' directory? The error messages you posted look like this is probably your problem.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
JHA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 20:19 Edited at: 4th Sep 2013 21:15
I knew you would be the one to answer!! Thanks Ancient Lady!

I am using AppGameKit v1076.

Did you mean under this location?

Properties: Configuration Properties: Linker: General: Additional Library Directories

I removed the 'IDE\platform\windows\Lib\' directory and replaced it with the following on Release and Debug:
C:\Program Files %28x86%29\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010;

This time the error is:

EDIT: I know the soution is in this line, but I can't seem to find where these would go, or exactly what I would put in there.
To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile)

Seems like it is closer now though.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 21:24
First, clean the project.

The first thing is only a warning and can safely be ignored. But you can fix it by looking at the property settings in General and Linker->General. For the samples (because all the media is in one place), I have "$(SolutionDir)\Final" for Generalutput Directory and "$(SolutionDir)\Final\$(ProjectName).exe" for Linker->Generalutput File.

Did you make sure that each of the Debug and Release build have '\Debug' and '\Release' (as appropriate) at the end of the "<stuff>AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010' strings?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
JHA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 22:34
1st issue resolved! Thank you!

2nd Issue, if you mean:
"<stuff>AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Debug"
"<stuff>AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Release"

Then no, I did not have that correct, but after adding it:

RELEASE BUILD WORKS!!!! THANK YOU!!

Debug Build: Gets the following build errors:

It looks like both settings (Release vs Debug) have all the same settings, so once again, I'm stumped. (Doesn't take much at this stage.... )
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 22:56
Try clearing the Linker->Input:Ignore All Default Libraries field (both configurations). And then rebuild.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 07:37:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 07:37:09