Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / contact form

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, I have made a user form that should set up an email that can be sent to the set email address. when I press send on my computer outlook is opened with all of the appropriate areas filled in but when I have compiled it and made the .apk file the application just closes and nothing happens.

I am using tier 1
basic
version 10811
the newest version of android

this is the 'email' part of the script

here's all of the script

I have attached a zip file of the agk compatible file

kirtnicholls

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2013 22:34 Edited at: 10th Sep 2013 23:29
Double post
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2013 23:27
Check the beta 19 sticky at the top of the forum. In the notes it mentions that android bug was fixed.

Auger
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 00:13
kirtn14, you need to update to v10819 for starters. There have been a lot of bug fixes since v10811.

Haven't we been through this before? That code looks extremely familiar.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 00:26 Edited at: 11th Sep 2013 00:29
Do you have an email client configured as default on your droid device? The simplest way to test this would be to click on a mailto link in the droid browser and see what happens.

>Edit<
Although on reflection, it should ask you to set one up if you don't already have one.

kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
When i run any applications made in the new betas a joystick spears on the screen and i cant do anything

yes we have but nothing i tried worked so i thought id try again

kirtnicholls
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 23:01
I just got chance to run the provided code snippet, and it works just as you'd expect.

On the PC, it pops up a requester asking if I want IE to open Outlook or not; and on Android it pops up asking if I want to use Gmail or the email client. I chose Gmail and it provided me with a populated email to send.

This was tested on Android 4.2.2, compiled and broadcast with Beta 19.

Quote: " but when I have compiled it and made the .apk file the application just closes and nothing happens.
"

How are you making the apk file? I have a feeling that this is where your problems are.

I'm assuming it works ok for you if you broadcast it to the android player?

kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
im using eclipse as tgc guide said to, no it doesn't work when broadcasted

kirtnicholls
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 23:23 Edited at: 11th Sep 2013 23:24
I'm assuming then that you haven't followed Auger's and Ancient Lady's advice and upgraded your AppGameKit to the latest Beta

Quote: "- Fixed OpenBrowser not working with tel: and mailto: addresses on Android"

This was taken from the changes made list in the new beta release.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 23:50
Quote: "no it doesn't work when broadcasted"

If it doesn't work when broadcast, it won't work when you create an apk.

Since v10819 has fixes in it specifically for the kind of issue you appear to be having, please install it and try again.

If you are using v10811 as your AppGameKit IDE, did you by an chance let your Android device update the AppGameKit Android Player on it? If so, that might also be part of your problem.

But I suspect it is mostly because that particular issue was buggy and only recently fixed for Android.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
I have used 10816 but when i compile the app a joystick spears and no functions work. I tried just running the open browser code and it didn't work with the new version

kirtnicholls
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2013 12:13 Edited at: 12th Sep 2013 12:16
You need to make absolutely 100% sure that you are running the correct versions of both AppGameKit and the player.

I find it easiest to use the latest beta; and the player from the play store (TGC have been quite good at keeping this up to date recently)

Like I said earlier, with the latest beta and the correct version of the player, the code snippet in the 1st post works just as intended...

It might be worthwhile as well, that you uninstall AppGameKit and start afresh with a clean install.

You can download the latest player from here...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thegamecreators.agk_player

And the latest beta, v1.08 beta 19, is available from the "My Products" page when you log into the TGC website. The link is titled "Optional Download - AppGameKit V108 BETA 19 (File Updated: 6th Sep 2013)"

You also never answered as to whether or not mailto links work from inside your browser on your android device.

kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes the mailto does work when just out into the browser

the problem is agk now, when i compile and use the app with beta 19 a joystick comes on the screen and renders the app useless

kirtnicholls
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2013 22:09
You definitely have the right player installed on your device? (The different versions aren't very compatible with each other)

Does the joystick appear for just your app, or for everything you compile/run?

What device are you testing it with?

kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
the joystick will come onto every app if I run it through the new version of AppGameKit then compile it, with version 11 the joystick doesn't appear. I am using a Samsung galaxy note

kirtnicholls

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 07:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 07:22:09