Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2013 02:04
Hi guys,

Another game I programmed inside of 24 hours is up on the Google play store now. This is Orbital Invaders. It takes the traditional space invaders game mechanics but instead of falling down the screen in neat rows both the player and aliens orbit the planet. Explosions are sprite based effects generated with ExGen, and the artwork was made in Gimp 2.8 music is from Kevin Mcleod. This is one of the many examples I'm developing for future courses and education.

It's also an ok game in of itself. There is 1 bug were if the invader hits you it freezes. I didn't notice this until after release. It's an easy fix, I just forgot to trigger and internal animation flag. I'll probably fix it tomorrow.

I like the general concept of this game, and plan to develop if further in the future, adding missions, RPG elements, different ships, power ups and upgrades. It's all planned out it's just a matter of having the time to implement it all.

Don't post your own source code guys, if you want to do that start your own thread please.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teachyourselfstuff.orbitalinvaderslite

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2013 10:03
Nice!

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:31:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:31:35