Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2013 03:11 Edited at: 19th Sep 2013 04:14
Hi guys,

Another 24 hour project. This is Beta Breaker (until I think of a better name lol). It's inspired by the classic Brick Bracker concept, modernised with physics. Now it's 5 times more random, 20 times more frustrating, and 50 times more addictive. I should have been programming for the last 2 hours but I've been playing this damn thing instead.

You can download it HERE it has basic features. 10 lives (a bit buggy I was too busy playing when I should have been fixing, whoops.) it has basic end came conditions (you have 10 lives, might seem like a lot but man you're going to need them). When the ball falls it just resets to the middle so be ready (I won't change this, I think it keeps the player on their toes) and has basic high score functionality so you can challenge your mates.

I like this game, which means in all likely hood no one else will lol. Please download and give it a go.

Controls:

Tilt left and right to move pad.
Press screen anywhere to engage "pad force". This basically blows the ball around. If you are skilled you can balance it towards the middle and patiently work your way up and down a row. If you're like me then you're going to have fun trying to catch the ball as it spins out of control.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, I tried it on a tablet and it seemed to worked well. I haven't really caught on to the control mechanisms yet.

One note, it looks from your video that on phones the ads completely obscure two rows of blocks which would prove very infuriating when trying to figure out what blocks are still left up there to hit.
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 11:38
And for just 69p you'll be able to remove it! muhahahahaha... lol

In all seriousness however, there's nowhere on the game screen that I can put an ad without it covering something. When I get menu's in place I might keep adverts on that only. Or I may write in the rule that when the ball moves under 25% the advert hides itself. I'll put my thinking cap on that one and see how my various solutions impact performance.

But I might just go with it as an incentive for players to remove ads.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 13:35
Why not move your hud to the top, i.e. have your balls remaining on the top left corner, score on the right, with the ad in the middle (where it is now). Then move all you blocks down, below the ad?

I find generally people aren't that upset about ads, as long as they don't affect the game play, or are in the way. From my experience, as it currently is, I can see a few negative reviews coming your way...
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 15:34
Because on mobile phones it makes things too small.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 15:38 Edited at: 20th Sep 2013 15:43
How? Your hud is currently at the bottom already, all I'm suggesting is moving it up to the top... Shouldn't make hardly any difference at all...

Just an idea I guess...
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 19:05
It blocks the pad, and raising it changes the gameplay.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:26:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:26:30