Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / BSP Rendering and Scale, Please Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 23:56
So, included project "BSPTest" with Dark GDK.Net map does display properly, however when I substitute my own I get no errors, yet nothing is visible except a black screen.

I've been creating BSP's inside AC3D, exporting as .X, then compiling using DarkBasic Pro's BSP/PVP Compiler, generally using epsilon values of about + 1.0.

I AM packaging the files correctly, with textures into a .pk3, which loads successfully into DGK.Net, however I can't see/find my map in the 3D world.

What are basic requirements of a .bsp map for DGK.net?
-Lighting?
-Size(in db units)
-Etc...

Any help is extremely appreciated, -thanks
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 16:57
KenGames,

It's been quite some time since I looked at the BSP stuff. But one important rule I have found, is that when you generate the PK3 file with your textures, the paths for the textures must be removed. The textures usually get held in the package file with absolute paths. These must be removed otherwise it has the effect of not loading the BSP file correctly.

Try that first and see if this helps.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:59:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:59:01