Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / BSP and Counter-Strike

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 02:25
First off I'd like to say hi to everyong as I am new to the forums sooo... "HI!"

I noticed in the gallery of dbasic that they had a BSP loaded of Counter-Strike. How did they do that? I used the example program to master BSP loading and I was able to load the example BSP correctly but when I pointed to Counter-Strike maps (ie "de_prodigy") it claimed it loaded, but all i could see was some weird black box with a few funky white splotches on them (I'm assuming they were uninitialized textures). So that brings me back down to my original question: How'd they do it?

PS - I tried Jamagic, Genesis3D, and DB and as far as I'm concerened DB is the best!!! And DBP looks like it will be more fun as soon as I learn it.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 02:57
Hi!

By the way, DB is the best... and DBP is real great .

Now, erm... are you loading the pk3? You need to load up a .pk3 file, it's really just a renamed .zip with the bsp and textures in it.

Have fun here

--Mouse
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 03:20
actually it's not pk3, it's called the wad.
So you would need:
de_prodigy.bsp
and
prodigy.wad from the cstrike folder. However, CS uses textures from other wads as well, so you might have to load other wads, but I am not sure which ones...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 11:38
You may also need "halflife.wad" in the same folder. As long as all of the resource files are in the right place it should be ok. If you can't see anything make sure the camera is positioned correctly - if it's not in a visible section you won't see anything.

Mike
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 22:43
you guys are definately right! Thanks alot guys. By the way, I was trying to figure out how to load up multiple WAD (or PK3's in other cases) into DB and as FYI I found that you type in the filenames of all WADs seperated by commas.

Also, I noticed it seems shadows are disabled in BSPs. Maybe I missed something but I did everything with lighting and it is still the same. I recommend in a future update it will be able to load RAD files so the BSPs don't look like cartoon worlds.

Thanks again for the help!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 02:02
wad? Eh? Things have changed since the betas

--Mouse
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 04:33
BTW- Halflife BSPs lightmaps are FIXED in the current patch, download it!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 04:33
(because CS is based on HL)

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion

Login to post a reply