Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / splash screen not showing in Android device

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2013 02:35
I set up a splash screen as per the help file. I can see it popup in the Windows environment, but it does not show up on my Nook. Everything else seems to be working fine on the Nook (except for video).

Is this a bug or do I need to do something special to see it in the Android device?

www.mindsclay.com
lucifermagus.mindsclay.com (not working with Firefox)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2013 06:40
The splash screen (AGKSplash.png, case counts) needs to be in the <andproj>/assets directory, not the assets/media directory.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 16:33 Edited at: 29th Sep 2013 16:39
Since there is no assets directory I would not have thought of that. So merely add that directory, eh?

When I create the AppGameKit there is no metion of any other folder than media. So would I need to zip that folder as well in the same zip file?

Hold on, why does it work on my computer then? Even though there is no assest folder. And why would the Android publishing documentation tell me that everything is now in the media folder?

www.mindsclay.com
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 16:50 Edited at: 29th Sep 2013 16:57
Now the image doesn't show up AT ALL. Just a black screen. I didn't change anything.

Putting it in a folder called "assests" doesn't work either...

www.mindsclay.com
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 17:02
I am doing exactly this...

Quote: "
In order to have the splash screen image displayed it's necessary to save the image in the media folder of our application with the filename "AGKSplash.png". There's no need for any code within our application. Simply ensure an image exists with this filename and it will be displayed at the beginning of your program."

I even copied/pasted the name to make sure there is no typo.

Why would it work all this time up until now? All I've done since it worked is try to publish on Google Play for beta testing. Now no image displays at the beginning.

www.mindsclay.com
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 18:06
When running in Windows you don't use the 'assets' directory. The 'assets' directory is only for Android.

I am now assuming that you are using the web sort of one-click to create your apk file. If that is correct, then the zip file you create to upload has the directory 'media' in it (not just the contents, but the actual directory). In that case, you would put the AGKSplash.png file in the zip file at the same level as the 'media' directory. So, when you look at the zip file, you see 'AGKSplash.png' and 'media' at the top level.

At least I assume the online apk builder is set to handle the AGKSplash.png file. I could be wrong about that.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 23:18
Thanks. I'll try that.

But I still need to find out why it stopped working in Windows.

www.mindsclay.com
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2013 00:45
Quote: "But I still need to find out why it stopped working in Windows."

Did it stop working when executed from the original project directory or only when you copied the executable and media directories to your desktop?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 20:41:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 20:41:04