Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Vishnu Packer Extra Spyra Game demo

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 01:52 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 00:03
Hello and welcome to the Vishnu Packer extra Spyra demo.

Thanks to wolf for letting me uploaded this demo to show off the new on-line game feature of Vishnu packer extra.

This game is hosted on a site(thanks redeye) and is not on the machine.

So this game needs an INTERNET connection to play.

This is a WIP to test speed to unpack so depending on your INTERNET speed will depend on how fast you will play the game.

Here\\\'s the requirements for the thread :-

***Story***

A young, idealistic writer attempts various esoteric practices, including astral projection, in a journey for self discovery and as research for his novel. As he manages to leave his very body, an odd sense of displacment posessed him and he woke up in the recently deceased shell of a young warrior on another planet within another dimension. Little did he know that this energetic rift that hijacked his astral body was a reoccuring interdimensional event that transports lower astral creatures and so called \\\"lost souls\\\" to posess and resurrect the fallen in the otherwise utopic world of spyra. A cataclysmic event that happens every 700 years to rince the universe of useless energy such as lost souls. The symarian necromancers, guardians of the dead, mistake you for the messiah sent to end this catastrophic reoccurence once and for all. Will you find the means that grant you passage back to your own body? What secrets will the land of Symaria, the desert nation of Spyra, hold for you.
A small amateur game full of magic, adventure and a little romance.

***Features***

I try to give Spyra a dreamy, mystical feel in its pastel/aquarelle colors inspired graphics, its sounddesign and its lore.
The gameplay centers around a symbiosis of puzzle and combat, driven by the story.
There will be dialogue, a primitive inventory and a bunch of other mechanics which should be very polished for an fpsc game.
You will be able to cast magic and use alchemy.
I try to give the game a lot of variety by using almost all fpsc features I can master.
Even though I spend only half as much time making games as I used to, I somehow make more progress. The game will be far more detailed in its presentation and its lore than any of my previous releases. (Thats not that difficult, I know...but my point is still valid)

***Screenshots***

Credits :-

WOLF
Blackfox
Redeye

Download attached.
This file will update with newer versions.
Vishnu packer Extra v1.5 test.

Added timer countdown.
Added Cancel button.
Checks for INTERNET connection.
Check for serverhost.
now changes windows name.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 13:04
Hey s4real, downloaded and got an error message. I got it after opening Spyra.exe:

"Error: The Zip file could not be found"

Hope this helps

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 14:14 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2013 17:09
Thanks for the report.

This means your system is not connecting to the server for some odd reason.

Make sure your firewall given permission for vishnu extra to go on-line.

New version been added to download and try.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 21:33
Worked great s4real. No problems at all.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 00:04 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 00:27
@ncmako :- Thanks for the test and that it worked well for you.

New update version added.

Best s4real

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 04:20
I like it a lot, the overall layout of it looks great. But what exactly is it doing? Is it downloading the game's files from the internet?

Works great too!

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 05:47
Hey S4real, tried the newer version and again didn't work. I got the error message:

"No Internet connection was detected, The server might be down or your port 80 is blocked"

As you suggested, I allowed Spyra.exe through my firewall but that didn't work. As the error message points out, I googled how to unblock and port and unblocked port 80. This didn't work either. Also, at all times I have been connected to the Internet.

Hope this helps

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 06:01
work great on my end.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:04:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:04:23