Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Intel Finally Swings the Axe

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 19:20 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 19:22
Well I think quite a few of us around here suspected this for a while but now it's confirmed; Intel is killing AppUp.

If you've published with them they'll probably send you the same email I got but for those who hadn't joined, here is the link to the online version.

Unless I've misunderstood, the long and the short of it is that on 1st November, they'll stop accepting new apps to the store. Shortly after, and before the end of the year, they will take down all apps using the AppUp SDK. Although no date has been given, one can only assume that the store itself will close some time in the new year.

So there we go. I'm glad I didn't invest £120 in a new code signing certificate now!! Anyhow I thought you guys should know in case you didn't receive the email directly.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 12:19
Well, it didn't take off like anyone had hoped - but Intel did give a few of us a leg up, with competitions and events and support and stuff like that.

For my efforts with Netbuko, I got a nice little Compaq netbook and $14

I am the one who knocks...
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 17:22
Quote: "one can only assume that the store itself will close some time in the new year."

And sure enough, some time in the new year, the store is indeed to close; on March 11 to be precise. You can read Intel's statement on this here. Ah well, like Van B said, we had a good run.

Boulderdash
Years of Service
User Offline
It will be sadly missed !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:16:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:16:26