Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] 3D Majestic Scene Builder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2013 17:08 Edited at: 13th Oct 2013 01:42
Hi everyone,

Imagine... you have a new project... a new 3d game. You know the first is to create some objects (blender, 3d studio max, maya...) and then, to write the future scene using AGK... for example...

It's hard task...

For this reason, I thought... I need a new and confortable software (made in AGK). I present you: 3D Majestic Scene Builder

Future Features:
· Create up to 2000 objects in your scene.
· Add light
· Assign textures to your objects
· Add shaders
· 4 views (front, side, top and camera)
· Modify the backdrop color
· Modify the position, rotation and size of your objects
· Modify the color of the light
· Duplicate an object using shift key
· Move the objects with the left button of your mouse
· Copy and paste the postion and rotation of your objects
· Capture (up to 1800 frames and 300 keyframes) the position and rotation of your camera or your objects
· Play your animations
· Export to .agc files (Tier 1)

I hope you like it.

Greetings

P.S. This application will be available in 2014
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 20:29
Really cool Juande !

Keep up the good work !

--------------
AGK Chat (Alpha)
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2013 19:26 Edited at: 20th Oct 2013 19:27
Thanks MikeMax!

I honestly do not know if i am going to continue the project ... I started a new job and I have not much free time (and i don't know if i must spend time in this tool).

Furthermore, this tool will be created for AppGameKit community and i don't know if really, the software is interesting for AppGameKit users or if they prefer to program.

For this reason, I would like to ask...

Who are you intersted in this tool?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2013 21:15
I would be interested, but I am a tier 2 user.

As with DBPro there will be many of these created over the coming years, the main issues for me are:

1. Most of them never get finished.
2. The exported worlds are not usually optimised.(culling/lod/imposters/flora etc)
3. They don't usually have well documented source code so you can add your own features to take into account unique features of your game.

Before any project I always do an extensive search for existing tools and code and this would certainly be considered. But for a big project, putting the world together is a major task but not as big as the optimisation process.

That said, this does look great and if it suited a project I would certainly use it

Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Matty. Thanks for your comment.

My intention would be to build a first tool and get your feedback... so, it would be optimized. Furthermore, with this feedback, it would be posible to add new features.

On the other hand, it's true the optimization process is a big task, but i think it's not as bored as add objects and place it... for me, this part is bored... my mind is inactive... for this reason, i think this task can be automated or at least, simplified. The optimization is part of a good programmer and although it's a big task... it is a task worthy of a programmer don't you think that?

well... to save in tier 2... will come... but in the second or third version.

Thanks!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2013 01:20
I understand what you are saying about placing objects being a boring task, but the object placement is at the core of most optimisations, whether that be putting objects into culling groups, or combining close static objects into a single object. Even imposters need to be placed into groups depending on where they are in the world etc.

You mention you export source(agc) code, this seems an unusual approach. Have you considered exporting to your own file format, someone else could then write a tier 2 importer?

Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 21:50 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2013 21:51
Hi again,

Why do i want to export to agc code?
There are some reasons...

1. I need AppGameKit user understand the generated code (without learnig a new code) and he can continue the code for developing his game.
2. You can add your scene agc file in your project and compile it.
3. You don't need to open the file (with the object, position, rotation... info)... reading file use loading time.
4. This tool can use three user variable for each object and you can use then in your code... one example: Health variable is the health of all objects of your scene. You will be able to get and control this variable using "object.health" where object is a object of your scene (your objects are 'structures')

For these reasons, i prefer agk code.

greetings
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 23:33
Cool, good luck with this Juande

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 04:42:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 04:42:08