Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3d physics using tier 2

Author
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 17:48
Hi
I was offered to do a small project
And it uses 3d physics , when i used darkgdk it wasnt an issue but now im kinda lost but i know it is possible altough agk still dont use Bullet physics so what am i looking for ?
The project is goong to be on pc and mac only so no need to worry about mobile development and also needs to be on a very precise level of physics ...

I know i can also alwys transform 2d physics into 3d but there might already be a working physics library that works nice witk tier 2

Thank you for your time

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 17:53
I guess it's a question of how complex the physics needs to be. What kind of game is it? What physics objects do you need? What kind of joints do you need?

You could maybe try PhysX or Bullet or Havok. Not sure which have wrappers for each platform but if TGC are talking about using Bullet there's a good chance it is available on all platforms.

If you can get away with it use 2D physics, if not it will have to be one of the others really. Matty H did a good PhysX library for DBPro, might be worth asking his advice?

oct(31) = dec(25)
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 19:26
Its a car simulation , not racing or something like that... But it needs to be super realistic and for that the best solution i see is a physics library..

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 19:29
Well you could fake it with some 2D physics and some clever faking but yes a full 3D physics system would be better.

oct(31) = dec(25)
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 20:50
Yeah i could fake it but i think it is not wise .. Since the client wants a real simulation mostly of the car itself for educational purpose. So you know...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 08:14:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 08:14:04