Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Pending Release] Pirates Jewels II iOS/Android/Windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 09:04 Edited at: 25th Oct 2013 09:05
Hello!

Well it's been a little while since I've had a release. In part because I taught myself Java earlier this year and obtained a full time software engineer position within the company I already worked at (my first every programmer job). This diverted a lot of my time to making sure I was doing good at my job; but eventually things settled down and I returned to PJII

This game has been an iterative learning process for me. It is called Pirate's Jewels II but you could also say its a "2.0" version of my gem game engine.

The game is finished and I'm starting to do builds and send out information to my publishing partners but it won't be available for download probably for a 1-2 weeks depending on which partner were talking about. I will post links as they become available.

The game features 6 game modes:

Pirate Battle: Face an AI Pirate in a gem battle!
Treasure Hunt: Clear a map of treasures.
Quest Mode: Quest Mode ties the above two modes together and permits you to have an upgradeable pirate ship which eventually allows you to build up your ship big enough to battle 3 pirate kings to win the quest.
Progressive Mode: This mode gets progressively more challenging, but rewards you with higher scores as the challeng increases.
Timed Mode: This mode limits your time to get a high score. You may earn extra time when forming large combinations; however using the hint subtracts time so use it sparingly.
Zen Mode: Zen mode is the easiest mode and has no timer or increasing difficulty. Additionally it has a set of beautifully rendered backgrounds that scroll gently as you play.

And of course... screenshots!

Icon:

Progressive Mode:

Quick Battle: This is the Pirate AI Battle mentioned above

Treasure Hunt:

Quest Mode:
choose your flag in quest mode:

Upgrade your Ship:

Zen mode:

I'll post updates as I have them.

Thank you

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 18:32 Edited at: 10th Nov 2013 18:43
I created a promo trailer yesterday ; my first attempt ever at such a thing ; was very difficult and a little frustrating.

However in the end I think it turned out okay. My biggest problem was my computer is a bit old and trying to capture video without slowing it down was problematic. I eventually found a program that did the best job possible (on my system) called Dxstory. Was inexpensive and easy to use.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 19:58
Very cool looking and very polished. I liked the first one. Quest mode sounds interesting, will have to give this a go when you release it.

Inmortalis Nox
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 03:28
Thanks for the nice feedback Josh!

I just got approved on Desura.com and I am building the iOS version (slowed down by having to upgrade my XCode and MacOS though... argh)

I may not be able to do Android afterall, I ended up using some C++ 11 commands and the NDK is not supporting that. I downloaded a 3rd party NDK library that says it supports the C++ 11 spec but its also having some problems.. maybe I can wiggle my way through them!.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 04:41
Quote: "using some C++ 11 commands and the NDK is not supporting that. I downloaded a 3rd party NDK library that says it supports the C++ 11 spec but its also having some problems.. maybe I can wiggle my way through them!"

I ran into the same problem when I tried to do a custom hash index. And the CrystalNDK (I think that's what it was), just wouldn't work with AGK.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 05:14
@Ancient Lady : yeah thats exactly what I'm having too .. using CrystaxNDK.

The features I used are so tightly integrated .. honestly I feel like I might be better off porting to pure Java and using LibGDX because I know Java really well (its my day job). But then again I only make 6 dollars a month on my Android titles so I'm also inclined not to care at all .. /shrug

Well see if I get some more motivation once I've done the other stuff though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:55:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:55:22