Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Specular Mapping in DBpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 13:01
I had looked through the help files and manual, it seems that DBpro does not have support for specular mapping, i.e. I want to create specular highlighting like those on shiny surfaces.

Does anyone know how to simular specular mapping using the existing DBpro command?

Thanks a lot!
Bad Nose Entertainment - Where games are forged from the flames of talent and passion.

http://www.badnose.com/
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 16:39
I don't know for sure but I think you need a specular mapping pixel shader.

Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 09:56
SET SPHERE MAPPING ON obj, img

load a bitmap containing black background and a white spot on it (half size might be good).

You can also make more complex reflections with white lines on the black background..

The evil plan is now even closer!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Specs:- P3 550 Nvidia TNT2M64, 192Mb RAM
Bulleyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:08
Sound interesting...

What if I want to be able to specify different specularity for different part on the mesh, does the gray values control the specularity on the mesh?

I had looked through some examples that came with DBpro about sphere mapping. It seems like it always uses a bitmap which is the 360 view of the surroundings as the sphere map. I am interested in how you use DBpro's sphere mapping for making specular mapping on a mesh?

Bad Nose Entertainment - Where games are forged from the flames of talent and passion.

http://www.badnose.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 09:07:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 09:07:03