Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Community program to create font subimages.txt?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 11:19
Does one of these exist? I've googled and found one called FontCreator by Kamac, but it doesn't appear to have a download link and also seems out of date with AppGameKit updates. Does anyone know of an alternative?

If not I'll have to make one and will upload. Ideally I don't want to have to drag boxes around. I think something that automatically boxes characters and then prompts you for the keyboard input makes the most sense.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 11:21
There are a few, I use Prof's Bitmap font creator: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=184828&b=8

oct(31) = dec(25)
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 11:48
Thanks Baxslash

My Bitmapfont creator is the ideal tool to take a windows ttf font and create a font image and atlas data file.

But if you already have a hand drawn font image (such as those by Scraggle which inspired me to make the Font creator), then you can use my Atlas Image Data Generator app to create the atlas file for any sprite/font sheet* automatically.

Both apps are available through the link in my signiture.

* Images need a uniform background colour and a 1 pixel gap around sub images for auto detect to work.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 12:13
Cheers Baxslash but cheers mostly to Prof. I just downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Had a good looking font in my game within a few a minutes! Top work that man!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:54:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 04:54:26