Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Access app command line

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 23:44
Is it possible? I would like to be able to use command line switches in my app -

Something like myapp.exe -debug

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 03:01
Well, if you open a command prompt window (what we used to call a DOS window) and navigate to the directory with your myapp.exe, you can start it by typing the file name.

Whether you can get it to recognize command lines is debatable. If it is a Tier 2 app, you can probably do it. There are lots of places in editable code to allow you to grab command line parameters.

A Tier 1 app is not so likely since the main functionality is done via the interpreter.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 03:51 Edited at: 30th Oct 2013 03:53
I doubt it, AppGameKit is supposed to be cross platform, and as Android/iOS can't accept paramaters....
Searching the help docs, there were no commands containing 'cmd/command/param' etc

And if there was a command, it'd probably in the 'Core' or the 'Input' section of the help docs, and it's definitely no in those sections

You could make a request as a platform specific command here: http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list

formerly MissJoJo - Audacia Games
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 06:59 Edited at: 30th Oct 2013 07:01
If you need to add settings to your app then may I suggest a simple .ini file? You can insert a command there or even a series of commands and have the program act upon it directly.

startup.ini
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 19:36
Well, I'm writing something to an ini file now to get around it. Just thought access to the command line (if it was possible) would be more flexible.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:57:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 04:57:29