Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Problems with GetPointerPressed()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

Just trying a very simple code that is not working well. Maybe someone can help me.

I just want to test some input options and write on screen how the device responds.

This is the code:

Tested with versions 107 and 108beta on Sony Tablet S and Sony Xperia Tipo, with AppGameKit player and with the apk generated online
What happens:
- On Xperia Tipo, the text always overwrites itself without clearing screen.
- With AppGameKit Player the two devices respond correctly to the touchs and releases.
- With the online generated apk, GetPointerPressed and GetPointerState return that screen is touched ALL THE TIME. GetRawTouchCount works well. (on both devices)

Any ideas on what's happening? I'm new to AppGameKit and don't want to be disapointed too soon...

Thank you!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 21:57
What version of v108 are you working with? The current is v10819.

If your AppGameKit IDE is not the same version as the Player (current version in Google PlayStore is v10819) then you might get strange results.

What version of Android do your different devices have?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Candiajo
Years of Service
User Offline
The IDE and the Player are the last version v10819. Also tried with versions 107 of IDE and Player.
Sony Xperia Tipo is android 4.0.4
Sony Tablet S is android 4.0.3
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 23:56 Edited at: 6th Nov 2013 23:57
I tried your code on a variety of my Android devices (2.3.3 thru 4.3, including a 4.0.4 one) and had no problem and the display updated properly on all of them.

You say that you used a 107 Player. Where did you get it? And specifically what version of 107?

v1076 is not compatible with any version of v108, by the way.

Are you sure that you were running the same IDE and Player versions during each test?

Your OP is actually indicating one issue with touches and another with the display not updating properly.

Did you by any chance upload the wrong version byte code file to the online apk builder? EDIT: It only works with v10819 byte code files.

If you are testing two versions of the IDE and they happen to both be accessing the same project, you need to be careful about which one has left the byte code file.

It is probably a good idea to manually delete the files generated by the IDEs between compilations just to be sure you are working with the AppGameKit version you mean to be. The files to delete (varies a bit between versions):
<yourapp>\<yourapp>.exe
<yourapp>\media\<yourapp>.byc
<yourapp>\media\SourceCode.txt
<yourapp>\media\SourceCode.agc

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Candiajo
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, half solved thanks to your explanations.
I've deleted old files and re-compiled with v10819. Now, it responds fine to the touchs.
Sure you were right and I messed something with v107 files.

The problem with the Xperia Tipo (4.0.4) not refreshing properly still occurs. Maybe it only occurs when displaying only text because in other examples I've tried, with graphics and text, it worked fine.
(attached apk if someone with a Xperia Tipo want to test).

The 107 player was from some user (don't find it now) put in the forum.

Thank you very much, it's been very helpful.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 15:11
Quote: "The 107 player was from some user (don't find it now) put in the forum."

Probably mine. I have a site where it is still available.

I am glad to be of help.

Hopefully someone with an Xperio Tipo will see this and test. It is not impossible that there are devices that just don't work right.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:04:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:04:09