Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / FPSC Cash System Fixed!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 10:23 Edited at: 7th Nov 2013 10:53
Well seeing as the post was old and locked, I wanted to post my fix for this that I found in case anyone might be wanting to use this. (By the way thanks so much Conjured for this! Will definitely give you credit in my game!)

Original post here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130281&b=24&p=4

And the fix I got to work:

If you want the Cash System to reset at the beginning of the game, All you have to do is open the cash0.fpi, and change the line that reads:

to this:

Now save the cash0.fpi file as something else such as cashreset.fpi, or whatever you want to name it. Then, place the cash entity "cs0" (beautiful framed wall picture) in the first level or whatever level you want the amount to reset to, and set the Main AI script to the new cashreset.fpi . Although remember to put the cs0 entity somewhere in each level after that one, and set the Main AI script to cash0.fpi to continue collecting monies.

So the original full cash0.fpi is:

And the one to reset it is:

I hope that made sense, and it worked great for me on FPSC 1.20.017 after building two levels, putting the cashreset.fpi in level 1, and the cash0.fpi in level 2. It solved the issue where when you click "New Game" that the counter wouldn't reset, now it does and works like a charm! Hope this helps!

Cheers,
AutO

EDIT: Only thing is, if you save your game in the first level after picking up cash, then reload the first level (or any level with the cashreset.fpi in it) then it will reset your cash to 0$.

-remember that you are unique, just like everyone else-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:14:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:14:27